Dear Dr. Ryan Bailey,

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Amazing isn't it? How time seems to tick by in seconds but how 1 second can feel like a year or it can go by so fast it's hard to remember what happened.

Four years ago we moved across the country and you started Dental School at the Ohio State College of Dentistry. I still remember reading your letter of acceptance and feeling both excitement and trepidation. I knew it was going to be hard to leave our family and friends but I also knew that being with you and accomplishing this goal was so important.

You have worked hard. My memory of the first 2 years of school are just a blur of books, tests, lab work and stress. I remember praying for you daily, and feeling just a bit put out I didn't have more time to spend with you. After boards, things seemed to lighten and I really enjoyed having you around more. It was great watching you begin to do some actual dentistry and I even let you fix my teeth. (It's good to know I will always have been your first:) I can and will now be able to recommend you to anyone I know.

Although slightly less demanding the last two years have been no less stressful as you worked towards graduation. Requirements, moody professors, clinic problems etc. all seemed to be working against you. At times I knew you were completely exhausted with how things were working at the dental school. I know your propensity to abhor all things illogical and so I am proud of you for working through that chaos.

This amazing accomplishment of finishing dental school is second only to the building of your family. We had our two children while you worked hard at school, and we know you did it not only for yourself, but for us. We know you love us and we are grateful for all the sacrifices you have made to do this, both for you and us.

So, congratulations Ryan. You did it! Welcome to the world of Dr. Ryan Bailey D.D.S.

We love you.

-Jessica, Samuel & Russell

Ryan and Me

The Family

Ryan & me with Kirk and Jeri, Ryan's parents.
Thanks so much for traveling to come and celebrate with us. You were so helpful and wonderful I can't thank you enough.

Ryan's sister Emily with Russell
You are an angel of an Aunt my dear! Thanks for coming out to visit, we love seeing and hanging out with you.

Ryan with his parents

The graduates.
Ryan with fellow friends who graduated with him.

The wives of those graduates

Sammy at the celebratory dinner we had afterwards. Yummy!

5 comments:

Amber June 18, 2009 at 5:02 PM  

Haha! I had to laugh when I saw the picture of Russell looking at Ryan's cap in the family photo! So cute! Congrats Ryan! We know you have worked hard and are so proud of your accomplishments.

Amber, Jason and AJ

The Lyon Den June 18, 2009 at 7:35 PM  

Dr. Bailey,
Congratulations on this accomplishment.You rock. Maybe I can come and work for you sometime.

Josh and Shalae June 18, 2009 at 8:39 PM  

Congratulations!! Wow it seems like it's been forever! Now you just need to move closer so that I can see you guys more often than once a year:) You should be proud of yourself. Congrats again!!

Ariel June 22, 2009 at 11:21 PM  

What a sweet letter. Congrats Ryan, or should I say Dr. Bailey? Way to endure Dental school. It seems like yesterday we were eating your yummy homemade pizza with the Blackers in your tiny apartment. How times change eh?

CrumpyLady July 1, 2009 at 12:20 AM  

Dr. Ryan rocks the casbah. Now, can you fix my teeth please? :) I can't wait to come visit Georgia! You have homework to find all the fun things to do in Augusta...so we'll know what to do when I get there!

Post a Comment

There are...

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP