Wednesday, May 30, 2012

There are so many reasons why I haven't been seen much around this neck of the woods.

Some of those reasons are heart melting.
Some of them are heart wrenching.

Life is so beautiful.
A kaleidoscope of  colors and shapes, experiences and emotions.
I am constantly reminded of change and growth as the wheel of time turns round and round.
It's not always easy, or simple, but it's always, beautiful.

It's so hard to know what I should write.
I've thought about the words I'd like to use, and want to be careful to share only what I desire to remember. Holding in my heart the things I could never forget.

Before I go on I should first say that I no longer have an accessible camera. So I use my phone to record most events and thoughts now.  It's different and not so nice but for now, the positive side is that it's so portable and convenient. Plus, I love me some Instagram! Most of the photos here are taken from there. Want to follow me? look up Galsmiles. I'd love to see your photos too!

Way back when, I went with some lovely ladies to see a musical. It was a lovely night out.
Snow on the coast! What a rarity. (yes, that's the bay and the ocean you see in there)
Good friends visit occasionally and it's always a fun time. Miss you Camber!
Combing the low tides for sea creatures is a favorite past time.

Sometimes snack time is holiday fun time too.(st. patrick's day)
Bedtime snack. A little bread and butter. 
Occasionally Sam desires to paint his own face. The results are always fascinating.
  
The wild life around here are fearless.


We like to venture out to the city in search of adventure, good shopping and yummy pretzels.
Portland Zoo


Wooded walks in Portland




We welcome summer in all its glory. Long Days, sunny beaches, and popsicles all day long.
 
A new nephew. Oh so sweet. Oh so loved.
My view every night. Sunset over the ocean.
This newest addition to our home. My mother loves me so.

I could keep going. But I think I'll categorize my other photos into individual posts.

It's so hard to catch up when one gets so behind!  I'm sure you might have started wondering just where we were! But worry not.  I may have needed a short break from, well, everything, but I've started missing my journaling. We'll be seeing you more now.

XOXO
Jess

2 comments:

Malinovka,  May 31, 2012 at 12:04 PM  

I'm officially sold on Instagram. :) I've obviously seen it for a while, but Eric just got a new phone we can now take pictures on, and I'm having him download the app today! Love your cakes, love the snapshots of life, and I love your writing.

Johnson Fam,  June 3, 2012 at 8:24 PM  

So glad you are back! I have missed you. Love the new photos and seeing how big the kids are getting. Evie reminds me of my little Emily; so sweet but such trouble! Love your cakes too and wish I could be there to watch your works in progress. Simply amazing. You are amazing! Love ya!

Post a Comment

There are...

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP