Pool & Painting
Sunday, July 27, 2008
This week was a pretty typical week for us. We just hung out around the house. We were either playing outside in the sun in the pool or inside painting pictures, making forts, playing with cars and our good friends who live nearby. Oh yeah, and don't forget getting into trouble. Sam is good at finding trouble.

Sam kept dunking his head into the pool and coming up screaming with excitement. He would just laugh and laugh. I was tempted to try it myself he made it look so fun.


My good friend Bonnie gave Sam a new baby gift at my baby shower for him to open some time down the road (Perfect for that moment I can't figure out what to entertain him with when I have to feed Russell) It was great! He loves painting with the little brushes. I love Color Wonder! Way to go Crayola!

Some highlights of these past few weeks are:
1. Sam has learned to say "Thank you" without being asked to say it. It's been hilarious because he says it after everything you do. I give him breakfast -Thank you, I change his diaper-Thank you, I put him in bed for nap-Thank you, I read him a book-Thank you, and sometimes when he's real excited about what you did, like the mornings I make him pancakes, he'll just keep saying it until I say thank you back or you're welcome. No complaints here and I'll soak it in all I can before it stops:)
2. He's still been obsessed with potatoes. He won't eat them of course, but he sure loves to steal the bag from under the kitchen sink and pretend to do things with them. He'll cook them, arrange them in rows, throw them, and of course hide them. It's so great finding potatoes in my closet with my shoes or in his dresser of clothes. One night he even insisted to have one bathe with him and go to bed with him. I figure, hey, why not it's just a potato. -My greatest worry right now is not finding one until it's too late and it rots somewhere before I find it. Won't that be a good surprise!
3. He says "Love you, Mom" when he goes to bed. Sometimes I tell him I love him multiple times so I can hear him say it over and over again. I'm such a sucker for it and it helps me to remember that moment when he's managed to once again, find trouble.



2 comments:
Yay, Jessica, you're blogging! Your kids are so cute--baby Russell is adorable. How's everything? You can reach me at 509 543 6542 or I'll try calling later! so good to hear from you!
PS:
Potatoes?
That's probably the funniest thing I've heard in a long time!
Post a Comment