Samuel is 3!

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Today was Samuel's birthday. I think I was looking forward to this birthday a lot more than his last two. He is old enough now to really understand the birthday concept and it makes it so much fun! We tried to make today a special day for him.


-Family sent him wonderful presents.
-We made him an alligator birthday cake.


-The house was filled with balloons when he woke up from his nap.
-His very best friend Eli came over for his party.
-We ate one of his favorite foods for dinner--Pizza!
-He was allowed to drink as much juice as he pleased!
-He got to stay up way past his bed time.(to play with his new toys)
All in all I'd say it was a good day.
When I put Sam to bed tonight we talked about his day. He asked me if tomorrow was going to be his birthday again.
"No, tomorrow is just going to be a regular day." I said.
"Oh, well, can we still hang out Mom?" (Big smile)
"Yes, definitely Sam, we can hang out. I love you."
"I love you Mommy." (Big heart sigh)
Some days I wish I could keep my 3 year old forever.
10 Reasons I love Samuel

1. His incredible enthusiasm for/about everything.
2. His acute awareness of others and their feelings. He worries if someone is unhappy. He asks me daily if "Momma Happy?" He likes to make others happy.
3. His love for books.
4. How much he loves his little brother. He always finds him a new toy to play with if Russell is unhappy. One of his favorite things to do is make Russell laugh.
5. His serious disappointment when he can't have a bath:) He loves bath time!
6. He collects items and hords them in different containers. Socks in a basket, blocks in a box, cars in a corner. I think he likes things in sets, and he'll put similar items together, whether it's by color or use. It's funny.
7. When someone comes to the door and knocks, he always knocks back.
8. He is so Cute. (I'm his mom, but I think he really is handsome)
9. Sammy likes to sit right next to me on the sofa. Almost on my lap, sometimes on it. He comes over and asks me. "Can I sit right there?" pointing to the spot. He also has to have a blanket on him. He'll tell me his knees are cold. His knees?! It really makes me wonder when he insists that his knees are cold when he's eating at the table. He usually won't eat anything more until I get him a blanket to cover his knees:)
10. His dimpled smile. When he's really happy he'll giggle and randomly hug me. It doesn't get any better than that.
I love you Samuel!

7 comments:

The Lyon Den February 16, 2009 at 12:26 AM  

Happy Birthday Sam. We love you.

Beazer February 16, 2009 at 10:39 AM  

That cake is AMAZING! Nice work! Happy Birthday Sam.

heather February 16, 2009 at 10:48 AM  

Holy cow ... I better get crackin'! I only have a few more months of you living in Columbus to be able to teach me your amazing cupcake skills!! That birthday cake is AMAZING!! I love it - and I love your ten reasons why you love Sam. So stinkin' cute!!

Unknown February 16, 2009 at 12:55 PM  

love the funny quirks that same displays. The big brother thing is adorable as well as the cold knees. And I also love the alligator. Did you come up with the idea yourself or is there some magical cupcake website with which I ought to acquaint myself?

Reba February 16, 2009 at 1:57 PM  

Happy Birthday, Sam! I love love love your cake!

CrumpyLady February 16, 2009 at 6:24 PM  

The alligator cake ROCKS! So proud! It sounds like Sam had a fabulous birthday! We wish we could have been there to celebrate too!
Love you!

Erin Davis February 17, 2009 at 2:29 PM  

Way cute! I can't believe it has been that long since I saw that cute boy! Happy Birthday!

Post a Comment

There are...

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP