A Valentine Weekend
Sunday, February 15, 2009
We have had a wonderful Valentine's day weekend!
We started celebrating on Friday morning with a CUPCAKE EXCHANGE! A few friends made 12 cupcakes and brought them over. We voted on who's cupcake was "Best Dressed", "Cutest" and "Most Creative". Then, we exchanged cupcakes and everyone went home with 12 different cupcakes to give to their Valentine! It was a great and yummy success!
So many cupcakes! How beautiful and yummy they looked all sitting together! I have such creative and talented friends!
Kristina Hillstrom won "Cutest Cupcake" with these fabulous chocolate beauties! The signs were adorable...hence cutest cupcake:)
A -Sweetheart Surprise- cupcake by Chelsea Haynie. These babies were not only topped with delicious icing, they were filled with it too! Surprise!

Our "Best Dressed" cupcake by Michelle Hutchison. Charmingly called -On The Road of Love-. She's got some serious frosting skills!

-A Red Hot Love- by Marie Bradburn
A -Pumpkin Curry Spice- cupcake by Bonnie Snyder with a chocolate gnoch frosting and toasted coconut. Truly Unique!
Michelle Uhler's "Better Than Sex" cupcakes. There was some argument there but mostly over who got one of these gems.
The "Most Creative" cupcake award went to Sarah Clement for these delicious looking -Ice Cream Cone- cupcakes. Way to go Sarah! Although it was hardly surprising, she is always very creative with all of her projects!
A -Ginger Lime- cupcake by Brooke Beazer. I loved the graham base and fresh summer taste of lime. So Good!
I made what I call -Raspberry Chocolate Divine- cupcakes. A chocolate brownie cake with a raspberry filling, whipped cream, cream cheese frosting, all topped with raspberries and a chocolate dome. These cupcakes were best eaten the day of so I hope all got the chance to try them at their best!
*An honorable mention of Jamie Snow's Raspberry delight cupcake not shown. I don't know how I missed getting a picture of it...oops! But it was delicious! The first one Ryan ate, in fact!
The winners of our contest won a bottle of sparkling red grape juice to enjoy with their significant other on Valentine's Day!
Thanks for coming everyone!
Friday night, Ryan and I went out together to celebrate Valentine's Day.
We went to dinner at The Worthington Inn. A great Local Hotel with an in-house Restaurant. We had reservations, so a dinner for two, live Jazz and a private table, and our dinner was bound to be fabulous! It was. As it turns out I'm still madly in love with this man I married 6 1/2 years ago. How great is that?!
After dinner we went to see a movie. At the dollar theatre:) There was nothing we wanted to see at the regular theaters. (Funny how that is sometimes) We saw Seven Pounds starring Will Smith. It was alright, but I don't think I would recommend it as a must see. It was slightly depressing but I got to relax, sit back, hold Ryan's hand for 2 hours and not worry about kids or crying babies. I liked it:) I love you Ryan!
For Valentine's Day Ryan got me some beautifully scented bath washes and lotions from Bath and Body Works. I love a good bubble bath, he knows me well. His gift has not yet arrived in the mail, so as not to ruin the surprise I won't mention what I got him right now.
February the 14Th was actually a very relaxing, uneventful day. I let Ryan sleep in, made heart shaped buttermilk pancakes for Sammy and myself and I got an extra long nap in the afternoon. It was wonderful! After dinner we played games, ate treats and got ready for Sammy's birthday!


Happy Valentine's Day!
Happy Valentine's Day!

3 comments:
YAY!! Thank you for posting pictures! I was so sad that I got sick and couldn't come! But seeing pictures makes me feel better. :) These all look amazing - we should do something like this again and next time I promise to not get sick (as if I was in control ... but that's besides the point!).
so, ironically, I made cupcakes for the exchange, had them all iced and sprinkled... and while I was putting Gwen down for bed at just before 7 I asked Eric to check my email to confirm whether the get-together was at 7 or 7:30.....pm....
much to my chagrin and great disappointment, it was NEITHER! SOOOOO sorry I missed it!
Did anyone give their recipes to you? I'd love to have them!
What beautifully delicious looking cupcakes! This kind of stuff totally makes me miss all you lovely and crazy creative girls in Ohio! What a fun idea! They were all so cute! Next time, post the recipes, especially for your divine delights! I love that you had dinner at the Worthington Inn. I had no idea they had a restaurant there! We would have been all over that! I'm dying to talk to you! Georgia, baby! You're going to love it!
Post a Comment