Sisters, sisters...

Thursday, October 29, 2009

There were never such devoted sisters.

When I consider the word sister, this song is always what comes to mind. That and the scene in the movie White Christmas where Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye perform the Sister's song together. (Ha Ha)

I've been blessed to have 2 sisters. Both older and wiser than I am(most of the time:) I speak to them daily, about nothing and also everything. It's scary to think that these people probably know me better than anyone else, because they see me at my worst, most of the time. Especially lately, as I've dealt with illness and life at home with two young children. Things have been rough and they are the ones who have dealt with the daily stresses and misery's I couldn't seem to keep to myself(misery loves company right?) Well, I can honestly say I never would have made it without the constant support. Thank you for your kind words and sympathetic ears. Thank you for distracting me while I tried to make dinner or changed another dirty diaper. Thanks for calling me in 5 minutes so I could be sick alone while it was happening(again) but not after when I wanted to cry and feel sorry for myself. The list is endless...

Any who, how lucky am I that just this last weekend I actually got to have one of my sisters come visit me?! I had been looking forward to it for weeks, all the while praying to feel well enough to actually be fun to hang out with! Well, my prayers were answered and the nausea stayed at bay just enough to have some fun! Rachel came to visit for an entire weekend and we tried to do as much as possible. I tried to show her around my favorite parts of Augusta and we even took a trip to Savannah together. Gee golly, miss molly we had a good time!

Here are a few of the highlights:
-Playing at the park.


We do have a lovely library and park nearby, so we took the kids to play. Sam quickly learned that Aunt Rachel was much more fun than Mom! Russell took a few days to warm up to her but by Sunday, they were friends too.

-Pumpkin picking, at a local Church. We plan on carving ours tomorrow when Dad can be home to carve with us!

-Forsythe Park Fountain in Savannah, Ga. We took a day trip down to Savannah to see the sights together. It was so beautiful! The weather was warm(a little too warm for me, ah pregnancy:) and although I cut our day a little short due to being over tired and a bit ill, I think it was wonderful.
-This is the line we waited in to get our names on the lunch reservations for Paula Dean's Lady and Son's Restaurant. We only waited 30 minutes and it was worth the wait! Yummy traditional southern cooking. Fried Green Tomatoes, Chicken pot Pie and a blackened tilapia Sandwich with potato cakes! I'd wait again, and for longer if I had to. It was a fun part of the tourist side of Savannah. Our other food stops included, the candy shoppes on River Street where we had yummy bear claws(Chocolate covered caramel with nuts) and Raspberry and Key Lime Gelato! Oh and lets not forget the huge cinnamon rolls from the nostalgic Back in The Day Bakery. Those we took home with us because there was no way we were fitting in more rich foods that day!

- A great view of the Spanish Moss that covers the trees everywhere you go.
-My other favorite stops were a few places to shop- One Fish Two Fish, a great design shop, La Paperie, I have a love for all things paper. and Alex Raskin Antiques, 4 floors of antique furniture in an old southern mansion. We loved it! There's more but these were my personal favorites. Before we left I made sure to read the Savannah City Guide from Design Sponge( a favorite blog of mine) to make sure we didn't miss anything! It was however a day trip so, there's more to explore I am sure!


I feel like there is so much more to remember about the days she was here but it all seems like a blur it went by so fast, too fast. Rachel has a great top 10 list on her blog about her visit Here. She mentions a few more things about Georgia and our trip that are fun and unique. We loved having her here. Especially me, she is amazing. Fun, easy going and so helpful! My house was clean every night while she was here! (clean freak:) I love her. Thanks Mom and Dad for giving her this trip to see me as a gift for Her birthday. It was a gift to me too!


And to all those who may like to experience our part of Georgia for yourselves, come on over Y'all. We'd be glad to show ya around.

2 comments:

The Lyon Den October 30, 2009 at 1:46 AM  

Never were there more devoted sisters!
I am so glad you had fun. I hope that I too will be able to come see you soon. I know for sure at Christmas, but I want to go there. So happy that you were able to have Rachel come and stay. I am glad that you are also feeling better. I love you.

CrumpyLady October 31, 2009 at 1:02 PM  

She sounds like one cool sister! You lucky duck! Wish I was there again already! Maybe in March or April? Love you lots and lots!

Post a Comment

There are...

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP