To emerge from my temporary cocoon...
Monday, October 19, 2009
I went to the doctors today and they told me everything was looking wonderful! So, I am pleased to make the official announcement that:
Ryan and I are expecting a baby.
I am 17-18 weeks along in the pregnancy.
The baby is due at the end of March.
And the baby is going to be a Girl! (Yes, you read that right) GIRL!
Wow, I think that may answer any questions you may have. Especially maybe those as to where I've been hiding these past few months. In general I like to write a lot more about what we are doing and use this blog as a journal. Besides having nothing to write about, because, we literally have done nothing for a while now, I think I have chosen until now to write anything on the subject because it's something I just couldn't put into words.
So for future reference I would like to say a few things about my experience the last few months...
I have been sick.(A well stated understatement)
Although, I am still sick I have been doing MUCH better the past week or so.(An early Christmas miracle)
My hesitation to talk about being ill spawns mostly from my ability to see the blessing of pregnancy. Plus, the pain I see in others who may never be able to experience this in all its wonderful and sometimes awful forms.
It's not really possible to describe what it is like to be nauseated constantly for a long period of time. Add in other ailments such as intense reflux and bodily exhaustion and the impossibility to find the right words intensifies. A good example of how I was feeling may be found in my conversation with my doctor during my first appointment.
Doctor: "So, how have you been feeling?"
Me: (with hesitancy) "I am pregnant right?"
Doctor: "Yes, you are."
Me: "Oh good, I thought I may be dying."
And so the journey began.
Most anything I put in my mouth, found it's way back out quickly thereafter. My doctor prescribed a fancy little drug that helps keep food down(some of it), but neglects to ease the nausea enough to provide any real relief. By week 8 of my pregnancy(3 weeks of nausea) I started to realize, this isn't just physical, it's emotional too. My days became individual mountains to climb. My family started to subsist on crackers and instant foods I swore I'd never feed them. Little by little my ability to perform my daily tasks was becoming increasingly impossible. By week twelve, 4 weeks later, I pretty much wanted to kill myself. Am I exaggerating, Yes, ask me then, No. I was miserable, it was miserable.
Because I can say with much glee that I am now emerging from the nausea fog(without knocking on wood). I couldn't be happier. I am sure my children and husband are feeling even more happy about it. Ryan has taken such wonderful care of us. His job/school has been incredibly demanding and so he's been gone, a lot. But, when he can be home, he's helpful and sympathetic. It's been a time of serious struggle, for everyone involved.
But today my ill feelings seem to pale in comparison to the excitement and gratitude I feel for this...
and this...
and this...
And so I emerge from my temporary cocoon, not exactly transformed or morphed into something incredibly beautiful or new, but maybe with a better understanding and gratitude for good health and sweet blessings.
A girl, can you believe it?!! Obviously, I am still shocked...
17 comments:
AAAHHHHHH!! CONGRATULATIONS!! I can't believe it - I girl!! I am so excited for you! So very, very, very glad also that you are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel with the nausea. AH - what great news!! Can't wait to see what a little MISS Bailey will look like! I've got to stop - but CONGRATS, CONGRATS, CONGRATS!!
YAY, YAY, YAY! I'm so glad you are finally starting to feel better. I wish you could have been closer to have provided some relief.
Welcome to the world of bows, Polly Pockets (curse those little pieces!), princesses, and PINK!
Congratulations! I'm so glad you're emerging from the nausea. And a little girl! How fun!
Yeah, the most exciting news ever! Sorry you've been feeling so awful...I'm right there with you and have barely emerged myself. Love you more than you know!
YAY!! I am double excited for you!! My niece has been the only girl on my side for 6 years and has nothing but little boy cousins to play with. I was worried that would be Bea's lot. Only little boy cousins. I am so so so glad she will have a fellow girl to play with that is her age!!! That is so exciting!! I am also glad you are feeling better. I understand that mental toll it takes on you when you feel so awful for so long. That was my last trimester and I feel so much better. Again... YAY! oh, and I think Bea has Sam hair right now. It sticks up all over. =)
WOW!!! I can't even tell you how surprised I am at this post. I was so not expecting this! Crazy and I'm so happy for you! We need to talk! I'll call you later. Congrats!! A girl! Whooo-Hoooooooo!!!!!!!!!
Yeah! Congrats you guys! I'm so excited for you to have a girl!
OH MY GOODNESS!! CONGRATULATIONS! A GIRL! HOORAY! I am SO excited for you guys! Congrats again!
Jess, I am so excited for you,Ryan and the little brothers. She will be such a delight. I cannot wait to see you, and talk to your belly and tell her what a fun and great mom you are. I am so excited!
yeah i am so excited! i've got to start making your bows!
Wahoo!! Congrats! I'm so glad that you're at least facing the end of the nausea, I'm so sorry that it's been bad. Praying for ya, and your wonderful family!
Cool! Hurray for Baby Girl Bailey! Good Luck!
Congratulations!!! Two boys and a girl is a great combination. You will love it. I am so glad you are feeling a little better. Hang in there. Are you coming to Utah for the HOlidays?
Holy Cow! Hooray! that is fantastic! Girls are the best (of course, I speak from a slight bias)
So, the Hyperemesis was just as bad this time? Darn.... I don't like hearing that the pattern continues with each subsequent pregnancy. It makes me nervous. Glad you are coming out of it!
Keep us posted!
I can't believe you told me in text. Just Kidding. I'm so excited for a little Bailey girl.
So excited for you. Baby girl how fun!
I am so excited for you and overjoyed that you will get to experience the girl version this time around. I just have to say what a great writer you are, I got teary just reading this post and all the roller coaster of emotions that you've been on for the past few months. May the joy of pregnancy return in abundance after the trials of the first trimester are over. Love ya!
Post a Comment