Alone time
Friday, February 5, 2010
I was just sitting at my dining room table staring at the calendar I have hanging on the wall. Today I wonder at how the days seem to all mesh together and yet move so slow at times. It's been a long week. Ryan has been gone for most of it, and between unrested children and rainy weather we've been inside a bit too much. Today we delivered birthday invites for Samuel's birthday, just to get out of the house. It was pouring rain. Needless to say we got wet, some of us more than others. One of the homes we stopped at had a huge puddle in the front walk. Sam didn't even hesitate, splosh splash. He was all grins until it dawned on him how much colder it was when soaking wet. He immediately suggested we go home and luckily we had only one invite left to deliver.
I haven't been feeling very well lately, but I don't mention it to complain. It has just made for a very long week and I do hope it passes quickly. Unfortunately, it's nausea and pregnancy related I'm sure. So chances are it's here to stay and hang out until this little miss is born. But the good news is it's not too bad and I can function and go about life as I normally would. I just feel yucky. I never got sick again with my other pregnancies but things have been a bit stressful lately. Then, add in some sick, tired kiddos and a husband with a very busy week keeping him away from home and things start going gray around the edges. I feel a bit like I have a little black rain cloud hovering over my head. It turns grey at night when I get to rest and relax a bit but the threat of rain intensifies when one of the boys wakes up coughing or upset about something. I am glad the week is coming to a close. Sometimes I worry the world is passing me by, and sometimes I wish I could hide somewhere while it passes. I am glad my rainy days are only slight colds and stressful decisions, for that I feel blessed.
Sam's birthday is in a week or so and he's already told me he wants a shark cake. So our party is going to be shark themed and I have shark cupcakes in the works. Birthdays are so exciting when you are young and so I hope to make it special for him. I can't really believe my Sammy is going to be 4. I guess I have another week or so to let it sink in.
A little silver lining:
One morning this week I walked into the boys room to get everyone up and after I said good morning to him, Sam smiled and responded enthusiastically with, "I knew you would come!"
Because Ryan has been away a lot his arrival home is pretty special. Every time he walks through the door, Russell will yell in a very low voice, "DAAAAAAAAAAAA!" and giggle as he runs to him. It's so funny, especially since he will do it to him even when he leaves the room for a few minutes and then comes back.
After announcing to me at dinner time that he did not like what I had made him. Sam then told me that it was a good thing I had put onions in it and then proceeded to eat all of the onions out of it.
While folding laundry this afternoon Sam came in to see what I was doing and asked what I was folding. It was his bed sheet I explained. "Oh, thank you so much Mom!" He said as he threw his arms around my neck in a big hug.
I had some time to finish reading Persuasion. I've seen the movie, but never read the book until now. Loved it!
7 comments:
Hello my beautiful friend. I just bought the Persuasion movie. We will have to have a girls night and enjoy it together! I hope you get to go outside soon!
sorry you are feeling so yucky. I hope that you actually just got a touch of the flu rather than REALLY still being plagued by that persistent hyperemesis... Hang in there! The world doesn't really want to pass by without you, I promise!!!
and I loved your silver linings! every antic of those hilarious boys just cracks me up!
I loved all of the silver linings with Sammy being grateful - how sweet is that?
My brother-in-law applied and didn't match at Georgia. I was mostly bummed just because I wanted to connect my sister with you! I kept telling her I have this AWESOME friend down there who she would totally get along with. But alas, it was not meant to be. I think they're looking into buying a practice now since he didn't match, but it all happens for a reason, right? Anyway -
I'm sorry I missed your call the other day! I would love to chat! Miss you!
I am so sorry you are feeling sick again! - that is the worst. Hopefully the weather down there gets better soon - that always makes me feel better after being stuck inside all day. Your boys are adorable and that little girl is lucky to be coming to such a fabulous mom!!
oh man, it sounds like you need some cookies. I'll tell you what, when the kids wake up i'll come over and we can eat my vallentine's treats! deal?!
love you tons~
Jessica! I can't believe you are having a baby girl soon! Yea for you! I wish we could be neighbors again if only for a moment! We miss you guys, and sometimes Lincoln says, "Where's Sam?" It sounds like things are about to get busy. I hope you start to feel a better so you can enjoy it! Good luck with everything!
So I am pretty sure that the HUGE puddle was in front of my house! Sorry about that!
Your blog is way cute!!! Let me know if there is anything I can do for you!
Post a Comment