And then there were 3...
Sunday, April 18, 2010
It's funny how little interest I've had to write on my blog these past few weeks. I guess whatever free time I've had I've spent it sleeping or playing with the boys and sometimes if I'm lucky Ryan is home and I get to spend time with him. Unfortunately he's really busy with work and buying a dental practice.(more details on that to come) So between that, a new baby and the upcoming move, we've had little time for everything else. Things are really getting exciting around here and I need to stay on top of writing about it all.
Well, starting a week ago(2 or more now) I've been flying solo. After all our visitors left it was time to try this whole 3 kids thing out on my own. I am not sure what I expected to happen or how I would hold up to the stresses. Part of me keeps waiting for my head to implode or something wild to happen but things are really good! No joking here, promise. Ryan had another busy week(or 2) and so it was a true transition time for me.
The boys are handling things well. They love their new baby sister, but most of the time they are fairly disinterested because she doesn't really do much yet:) Sam is such a sweetie to her and just today rocked her in her bouncy seat to calm her while I finished getting his lunch ready. It was so helpful and I overheard him telling her, "It's okay Eve, I am taking care of you. I am a good big brother." We've been telling him how good a big brother he is and I think it's working. It was sort of one of those heart swelling motherhood moments.
This transition has been easier for me than the transition to 2 children. I can't quite put my finger on the reason yet but I suppose it has to do with Evelyn being pretty mild tempered. She is very sweet and sleeping so well at night. Don't get me wrong, she has her fussy moments (She is a baby) in the evenings for a bit before bedtime but once we get to sleep(around midnight or so) she usually sleeps for 4-5 hours already and just last night she slept until 6 giving me a much needed recharge of almost 6 hours of sleep in a row! Wowza! I was singing her praises all morning. I think it was probably a fluke(Nope, it happened again last night!) but she's headed in the right direction and I really don't (and shouldn't) have any complaints. At her 2 week checkup she had gained a pound from a weigh-in 5 days after she was born. She weighed 8lbs 3oz and was 20.5 inches long. It still amazes me that she is still a whole pound smaller now than Sam was at birth. Wow, he was big. Evelyn is still acting like a pro with nursing and I am so happy she is such a happy, content baby. No surprise though really, she is a 3rd child and 3rd children are naturally perfect right?:)
Here are a few pictures of Miss Evelyn that I love and a few others I want to share too.
(This one's for you Camber! Thanks for the fabulous bows.)
11 comments:
I am so so so glad to hear she is a good baby! Her eyes are so big and beautiful already. After getting rid of our dogs, I feel that life is so easy these days and we should hurry and finish with our 3rd so I can have my nights back for good, but my first 2 are so great, I am afraid my 3rd will be awful 3fold to make up for how good 1 & 2 are. :) I am looking forward to you all to be closer!! Yay!! Bea and Eve need to be closer what with being the only girls on the Bailey side.
Yay for laid back 3rd babies! Thanks again for your call the other day -- it was great to talk even if interrupted and crazy between our SIX KIDS.
I guess 3rd babies are great, but I really think that the 2nd is best!
Eve is so sweet. I love her. I need to hold and kiss her. I love you and am so glad things are going well.
Yay for sleep. I'm so glad things are going well. And what a doll baby. She's gorgeous!
As a fellow 3rd baby, I can say #3 is best! ;) Congratulations! Glad to hear you are all doing well.
I hope if I have a 3rd, she's as well mannered as yours! And...my vote is, "first is best!" But, that's because I'm a first...love ya!
You are one amazing woman Jessica Bailey! SO much on your plate (PACKING, BUYING A PRACTICE, BUSY HUSBAND, Oh and 3 KIDS!!!) - glad you are getting a little sleep now and again, and that Eve is so laid back, and Sammy and Russell are being so sweet to her. Miss you!
She is so stinking cute! i wish i could come squeeze her cute little cheeks! p.s. love the bow:)
Love the pictures! She is a cute little thing and I love Sam's pouty face. And I must say that you are going to be absolutely beautiful in 20+ years. Best of luck with all the stresses you have right now. We need to chat soon. Let me know when I good time is (as if there really is one with 3 kids).
I am so in love! She is so precious and beautiful - and so are you! Good luck on all the craziness ahead of you guys, I can't believe so much is happening all at once!
Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. I tried to email you and it bounced back. Will you email me, please so I have your new address?
Post a Comment