Mother

Sunday, May 9, 2010

"A mother is she who can take the place of all others but whose place no one else can take." -- Cardinal Mermillod
My understanding of what it means to be a mother grows everyday. I don't believe I had any idea how it would change my life until I became a mother myself. My mother always made it look so easy. I remember bits and pieces of my everyday life that she influenced.

I remember our home being happy.
I remember our home being beautiful and clean.
I remember having dinner (she made) together everyday.
I remember lying in bed listening to her play the piano.
I remember screaming while she washed my hair:) (I have a tender head)
I remember when I got home from school and the first thing I did was go and look for her.
I remember the feeling I got when I found her and she was so glad to see me.
I remember getting in trouble for my messy, messy room.
I remember going into her room at night to say good night. Her face washed and clean, her reading glasses on, reading her book. She would stop reading, put her bookmark in her place and then look up at me expectantly. Sometimes we talked about our days, sometimes about nothing at all.
I remember she loved me and I know she still does.

Motherhood seems to encompass as many emotions as it does jobs. Sometimes I think I won't survive the day, and sometimes the days seem to pass too quickly. I feel so blessed to be the mother of my 3 children. Each of them are so unique and special. I hope and pray everyday that I can be the mother they deserve. A mother like my mother.

I love you Mom, thank you for the bits and pieces, and so much more!
My mother with new baby Sam during my first week of motherhood.

2 comments:

Reba May 10, 2010 at 7:57 AM  

so sweet. thanks again for your call the other day--it was a great early mother's day present.

Unknown May 10, 2010 at 12:47 PM  

lovely tribute. Your mom is blessed to have such an eloquent daughter. :)

tender head, eh? still that way?

Post a Comment

There are...

Let's Sail Away

Let's Sail Away
Catalina Island New Year's 2008/2009

Florida Keys June 2009

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP