BFF'S
Thursday, August 18, 2011
Do you still have your BFF's (best friends forever)from when you were younger?
Well, I do.
I hope I can say that in 20 years.
With much anticipation I waited for the impending visit of one such BFF. I was so very excited to see her and pleased as punch she was coming such a distance to see me. BFF's for sure! I won't gush about how everything was just the same, because well, it wasn't. I have a husband, 3 children and a household to take care of, so naturally it wasn't exactly JUST like it used to be, but it was so fun to spend time together. Just like I have mentioned before it was like she and I picked up where we left off and everything around us had changed:) Good friends are like that- even when you're growing and learning and changing a good friend always seems to do all that with you somehow. Maybe they just accept you for what you're becoming as much as for what they remember you were.
While she was visiting we had an opportunity to take off just her and me.(Thanks to a wonderful husband) We drove up the coast and took in the beautiful sights. I sure love where I live... I hope she does now too.
Our travels north took us to Cape Perpetua and the surrounding area. Most of our time we spent exploring at the Devils Churn. Though we missed high tide, it did not disappoint...
The pictures below were taken at the look out by the Spouting Horn. (Click HERE to link to a short video of it on youtube) Because we weren't there at high tide the spout wasn't very big and I was randomly incapable of capturing it on camera.
We also visited Heceta Head Lighthouse and had a wonderful lunch at Mo's(click this link just to hear the fantastic jingle). Yummy food!
Sometimes I have to pinch myself I get to have so much fun.
So, despite one terrible day of sickness and the fact that you had to travel 16 hours in a car with my children(more on that later) I hope you had a wonderful time. Thank you for coming and visiting me Jaislyn. BFF!
4 comments:
Oh Jess, you took the words right out of my mouth. I had a splendid time and I surely would do it all again except the sick part :(
Love you so much and I know we will be there in another 20 years!
I'm so jealous! I wish so badly I could have tagged along! I miss your face and can't wait to hang out again! When are you coming here next???? I'll have to call you soon! Looks like you guys had so much fun! Yay for BFF'S!
This is so great. I don't think i can say i have a BFF from long ago that I still stay in touch with! Good for you...and those pictures are beautiful. I hope all is well with you Jessica!
Ah! Amazing - that is so wonderful! I was wishing it was me visiting . . . hanging out, seeing your BEAUTIFUL views . . . someday!:)
So happy you got to do that! . . . Um, sick??!?
Post a Comment