Frozen moments
Friday, October 7, 2011
I’m sure I’m not the only one who has these.
I call them frozen moments because it’s almost like your mind is taking a picture and your brain freezes the image and stores it in your memory for later use. I feel like they happen regularly now (Is it a symptom of motherhood?) It’s moments I actually yearn for a camera so I could have a hard copy of it.
These moments seem to increase wildly during travel. After a trip I always manage to come home with multiple frozen moments and only a few actual photographs.
During our trip to Utah recently I can see 4 frozen moments in particular.
My father embracing his mother before we left at the end of a visit.
All three of my children crying, at the same time while riding in the back seat of the jeep. (They were done with the drive. It is 15 hours long.)
Astronaut training with Grandpa Bailey.
A Sunrise on an early morning run.
Each moment caught my breath and made me either laugh or cry…or both.
Our trip was both successful and fun. Ryan did succeed in hunting and shooting something and though I know I had fun (not hunting and shooting something) I am sure he did too. Seeing family and friends is always worth every minute we have to spend driving to see them. We love you dearly.
Outside playing was the place to be...

The skies were so striking...
Happy Birthday Christa Belle! Thank for letting me hold your new little angel.
3 comments:
I usually have the no-pic problem after vaca too, but lately I've been really good about taking those pictures. What kills me is missing those frozen 'moments' and ending up instead with 'posed moments' that fall so short of what I WANTED to capture.
and those clouds ARE gorgeous.
Love visiting sisters! Looks like you had fun:) We're ready to come back!
My favorite frozen moment was dinner, just the 4 of us and mom and dad. That was good...just like old times. Love you.
Post a Comment