Pick your own

Sunday, October 9, 2011

A fall tradition.

A local farm started a pick your own pumpkin patch last year. We loved it last year and decided to visit the MaHaffy Ranch again yesterday. It's small and beautiful and friendly. There's something wonderful about finding and picking your own pumpkin. Watching my children enjoy this past time left me feeling sentimental and eager to continue our own fun family traditions. Yea for fall!

The farm is set in a scenic valley along the Allegany river. The weather was beautiful.

The Hay Ride...



Now all we have left to do is carve our pumpkins. Our family of pumpkins(We each picked one out) is decorating our front porch until Halloween, when(In Sam's words) "We'll carve creepy, scary faces into them and light them on fire!" Russell is already terrified:)

3 comments:

Malinovka October 10, 2011 at 11:30 AM  

Beautiful photos. They make me want to move to the Pacific Northwest. Can't wait to see the family of jack-o-lanterns!

CrumpyLady October 14, 2011 at 7:27 PM  

I love picking out my own pumpkins. I don't know why I feel like they need to call out my name, Oh Pick Me! It's silly, I know. Your pumpkin patch was much more picturesque than mine!!! Wish I was there with you...

Marie October 22, 2011 at 11:51 PM  

These pictures are so lovely. They are just so precious and calm...life at it's very finest. Such a beautiful family.

Post a Comment

There are...

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP