Toysmas

Friday, December 5, 2008

I bought Ryan a smoker for Christmas. It was a secret. I am pretty sure he had no idea... until he saw the Cabelas charge in the credit card statement. He never looks at the statement, I usually take care of the finances, but by chance, he did and saw it. Of course, it didn't say what was bought, just the price, but after a lot of thinking and a little bit of investigating, he started into---- Toysmas.


Toysmas: When you open your Christmas presents that are toys early so that you can play with them.
-
This Christmas tradition started at the Bailey's when we spent the week before Christmas with them and the week after with my family. Ryan and his father decided we ought to have "Toysmas" so that they could play with their toys together while we were there. Pretty much they just opened all of their gifts early.
-
So, once he had figured out what I had gotten him, he just kept asking me when Toysmas was going to be this year. He figured out a way to insert it into almost every conversation we had for a few days before I finally gave in and told him he could open it whenever he wanted.
-30 minutes later I was reading the instructions to him while he put it together.
-
I have to say, it was a genius idea to get this man a smoker. I have eaten the best roast chicken I've ever had, amazing pork shoulder, and just tonight he smoked 2 entire racks of pork ribs, had the boys over and ate meat. I love that my husband likes to cook but I love even more that my husband is such a great cook.
Merry Toysmas to me!

4 comments:

The Lyon Den December 7, 2008 at 11:10 PM  

Hi, Um I need to know what Ryan would like for Christmas. Maybe something to go along with his smoker? I can't wait to see you guys.

Mandy B December 8, 2008 at 1:30 PM  

that chicken looks gorgeous. is it really real?? i bet it was delicious... do you think ryan could teach matt how to cook??

Ariel December 13, 2008 at 2:34 PM  

We had toysmas this week too! I was going to a blog post called toysmas, but I thought it was the Bailey's intellectual property. I'm glad I didn't because people would have known for sure that I took Ryan's catch phrase :)

Annie December 16, 2008 at 8:13 PM  

Oh, Jessica! I miss you!!! I was literally just thinking of you today, and thought, she needs a blog, and then, or I could do something crazy and write or call... Then lo and behold, I stalked upon your blog.
Sam is still as hilarious as ever, and Russell I wouldn't have recognized. That hair!
Anywho, come visit our blog: scoresbys.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

There are...

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP