Another year older and cuter too!

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Today, my baby turned 1 year old. Part of me can't believe it, and another part of me can feel it, both mentally and physically. The first year is a big milestone. A baby's first year is incredible, they go from infant in arms...

To baby in action!

It's amazing how time can seem to drag it's feet at those trying, no sleep, crazy schedule times. But also fly by in a blur of first smiles, first teeth, and crawling mayhem. There are many things I love about babies, from their new awkward state of wonder, to their incredible cuddle abilities. The way you can't not kiss their little cheeks and find wonder with them at the new world they have to explore. What miracles.
It's not all love and kisses, as many parents are well aware. The first year is tough. Full of maddening moments of pure terror and extreme frustration. Is he eating enough? Should she be sleeping now? Why is he crying? Am I doing this right? The list is endless.
So, today we celebrated not only Russell turning 1 but also our survival and joy of the first year. Congratulations Russell! Your parents made it.

We had a little family party today where Russell opened presents, we sang happy birthday and everyone ate yummy cake. It was perfect.

First Russell opened a few gifts. Special thanks to our Grandma's and Grandpa's. Russell loves his gifts.


We took a ride in the car facing forward. What a big day. Being 1 seriously rocks.

Russell's cake had a sailing theme. With three layers of chocolate goodness stuffed and covered with cream cheese butter cream waves this cake was quite delightful!


Russell surely felt the same as we did when he discovered what cake really was.







Here's the chef enjoying his piece of deliciousness...


I love you Russell.

6 comments:

Josh and Shalae May 24, 2009 at 11:39 PM  

Happy birthday Russell!! I can't believe he's one already either! Crazy! Have you guys moved yet then? I hope everything goes smoothly for you.

Kris May 25, 2009 at 7:19 AM  

happy birthday to your little man! That cake is adorable.

The Lyon Den May 26, 2009 at 12:59 AM  

Happy Birthday Russell the love muscle. We miss you. I hope we get to see you soon. We love you!

heather May 29, 2009 at 11:06 PM  

Yay for birthdays! I've been waiting to see pictures of that sailing cake, and I love it!! So fun! And I fully believe that the real reason to celebrate the one year mark is to congratulate the parents for making it - you said it well! :)

CrumpyLady June 1, 2009 at 12:43 AM  

I wish we could have been there to eat the cake. It looks divine. Miss you!

cambersue June 10, 2009 at 3:43 PM  

I love the pictures...and graduation announcement pictures! so dang cute! Hey this morning when you left me and preslie ran outside to give you your sour treats and we barely missed you! hope you're having a blast on the boat!!! love you~camber

Post a Comment

There are...

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP