Because sometimes happiness is only found between the lines...

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

It's obvious to most that life isn't always "a day at the park" even when you do manage to get to the park. I was feeling very unlike myself the other day and I had to make myself stop for a bit to "smell the roses".

Poor me, I have two boys who are always full of energy and ready to play. The nerve of them, wanting my attention all the time. Can't they just make their own airplane out of play dough or put that shape into the shape sorter by themselves this time. I just can't figure out why they follow me everywhere, a closed door to them just means knock until Mom opens it and if you can't find her, just yell her name until she answers. If I didn't know better I'd just assume they hated my cooking because most of it ends up on the floor. I'm such a mean mom, expecting nap times to be actual sleep time and little boys not to pee in their pants. Isn't it obvious I'm not interested in the dead bug you found or cleaning poo from the tub, again? Come on little people, I can see right through those alligator tears...

It's a good thing I get to stay home and take care of you guys, because if I didn't I would miss out on so much. Playing with you is just about the funnest thing I've ever done, mostly because I love to see you smile and run around with pure joy. My model building skills are really top notch after hours of sculpting(everything) and it's so fascinating to see you come up with the next big idea. Please don't get mad when the star shape won't go into the circle, sometimes things don't make sense until someone shows you why it has to be that way. I appreciated your unending love, especially when I've shut a door behind me for a moments peace. It always makes me feel better when you tell me between knocks that you just want to give me a hug. Yelling Mom really loud is only really annoying after the 10th time you yell it, and only after I've answered, twice. My friends tell me my cooking is really quite good, so I don't believe you when you tell me you don't like it or throw it on the floor. I'll keep feeding you anyways because, well, I love you anyways. Thanks for taking regular naps, most of the time. The 2 hours you spend sleeping, I spend resting and getting ready for the rest of the day to come. Most bugs, just aren't my thing but I'm glad your excited about it, go show your Dad. I think I would have just sat and cried instead of cleaned out the poo from the tub but thankfully Russell kept trying to eat it so intervention was necessary, Oh and Sammy the pirate, thanks for helping me "Let the water out, Arghhhh!" You guys are the best.
P.S. I respond to tears, sometimes even when they're crocodile ones. And remember, I work for smiles, hugs and kisses and my life is truely happy, even though sometimes I have to look between the lines.

12 comments:

Unknown September 29, 2009 at 4:26 PM  

Jess, this is a perfect post. I love it. and I truly mean that. I might print it off and use it in a talk sometime (with your permission, of course). Seriously, being grateful for all those... moments... is really what life is about, eh? Thanks for sharing.

oh, and good thing you didn't let anybody eat poo. That's gross. Funny that he prefers poo over your amazing cooking. Some people have funny tastes, I guess.

Emily J. September 29, 2009 at 5:01 PM  

Jessica I miss you girl. I love your thoughtfulness in all that you do and your boys are lucky to have you as their mom. How is Georgia?

Michelle H. September 29, 2009 at 5:34 PM  

Amen! You put it so perfectly. It is good to hear about how important our job actually is. I love you and miss you!!

Johnson Fam September 29, 2009 at 7:26 PM  

I couldn't have said it any better myself. Though I must admit, I need help seeing being the lines a lot. Love and miss you lots girl!

The Lyon Den September 30, 2009 at 12:14 AM  

Poo,really. Right now all Sophie wants to do is drink soapy water and eat the grass. Can't wait until she wants to eat poo!

Mandy B September 30, 2009 at 12:24 AM  

Jessica, it is so reassuring that I am not the only one going through all of that. I don't have to deal with the yelling of mom since Linus won't say mom, everything is dad, but the rest, well, I hear you loud and clear and you write it beautifully. I know how hard day to day stuff is...I'm crying it out myself 2 to 3 times a day these days, but I also can look at it and appreciate my little guy and all of his accomplishments. Good luck!!! I really hope that Matt, I, and the fam can come out for Christmas if you guys can't make it here. Be nice to have a couple extra hands around. =) <3 <3 <3 much loves to you guys.

The Arizona Leavitt's September 30, 2009 at 11:25 AM  

As winter approaches, I'm a little jealous of Georgia. So Jessica, I don't think Scentsy is very big in Georgia yet, and I'm doing a big incentive for anyone who will host a party or signup as a rep. in October and November. If you're interested, in some free product and want to do either, send me an email or give me a call. my website is: www.scentsy.com/levidity (no pressure I'm just trying to think of my friends spreadout around the country so I can grow my business). Thanks!

The Lyon Den September 30, 2009 at 12:02 PM  

Mom,mommy,mom,mommy,mommy,
mommy,mom,mommy,mommy,mom,mommy
mommy,mommy,mommy.

Bonnie October 7, 2009 at 3:48 PM  

I soooooo needed that today, Thanks Jessica!

Chelsea October 10, 2009 at 11:00 PM  

Well said. Thanks for the reminder. Almost the same things have crossed my mind just a few days ago. What is it about kids and our love/stress relationship. Motherhood is such a blessing...sometimes in disguise. :)
Miss you.

Post a Comment

There are...

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP