In need of a little R&R...

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I woke up today and for the first time in over a week, I could breath through my nose. *Sigh* It was wonderful!

When I lay in my bed my view out the window is limited to a small eve jutting out from the neighbors roof. For some reason the angles really appeal to me and I love to lay in bed and stare out the window. I've memorized the light and how it looks outside that window when I have to get out of bed. I can usually tell what time it is by looking out at the lighted eve. Oh, 7:30 again...

This morning it was raining. It was the first thing I heard when I woke up this morning and I am thankful that I woke up to it instead of a crying child. The past week has been full of upset stomachs and pounding head colds. No one has been exempt from the atrocities, Ryan included. Luckily the vomiting lasted only 24 hours(at different times ) after the kids got it and was weak enough that Ryan and I just felt under the weather. I didn't feel any different(with nausea) than I have over the past few months so I felt fairly unscathed when it came to that bug. The simple truth about having a cold during pregnancy is that it is hard not being able to relieve simple symptoms like congestion with a magic pill or a gross syrup of sleep inducement. Mix that with sick kiddos and I feel sort of like I'm on a newborn schedule:) of awake every couple of hours. Good practice right?

So, the wonderful blessing of a clear nasal passages was a gift indeed. No matter, it was followed by a surprising find in Russell's room. Vomit, a lot of it, everywhere in his bed. He must have slept in it most of the night. My eyes stung at the smell when I opened the door to his room. Poor baby! Why didn't you let me know?! Oh, What a way to start the day.

Another troubling moment of the day was when I was buying my groceries. After finishing through the checkout with all of my groceries I realize to my horror that I do not have my wallet with me. *Oh Dear!* At least I live close by.

The day gradually got better and better and now as I sit here listening to my favorite George Winston CD, it all seems to meld into one unpleasant distant memory. I know we are over the worst of this illness and I am glad to see it go. Now is not the time to dwell on the rest of the cold and flu season to come (with no vaccinations to be found -anywhere-). *breath-in, breath-out*

5 comments:

Unknown,  November 13, 2009 at 8:00 AM  

I loved your description of the lighted eves. Sounds like you. :)

glad you are feeling a little better. and hopefully the kids follow your example soon. Poor Russ, sleeping in his vomit. That's awful.

CrumpyLady,  November 13, 2009 at 11:42 AM  

Wish I had been there (but kind of glad I wasn't!) to help with the vomit clean up. Only 36 days till you're here in Utah! Love you!

Annie,  November 13, 2009 at 2:55 PM  

Oh, to breathe easily! Pregnancy usually comes with a little congestion anyway, so a bad cold on top is extra fun. Go pregnancy!

The Lyon Den,  November 14, 2009 at 2:38 AM  

Sorry about the troubles as of late. But the bright side is, that it is getting closer to you being here! HAPPY DAY!!

Prosper 1st Primary,  November 15, 2009 at 11:03 PM  

Oh man, I am so sorry you have not been feeling well- that is not fun at all :( Glad you are feeling more like yourself. So excited to see you soon and your cute little belly.

Post a Comment

There are...

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP