Give Thanks...
Thursday, November 26, 2009
Dear Mister Turkey,
We have a lot to be thankful for. Your smokey goodness is just one of the wonderful things we enjoyed today.
On the menu:
-Our beautiful smoked turkey(courtesy of Ryan who started smoking it last night at midnight)
-Sugar glazed sweet potatoes with pecans
-Brussels sprouts with lemon and walnuts
-Cornbread stuffing
-Rolls
-& Triple Chocolate Pumpkin Pie!
Yes, it did taste as good as it looks.
A full plate of goodness
It is hard to say what I enjoyed the most, but it was probably a toss up between the turkey and the pie!
I love Thanksgiving. The food, yes, that plays a major part in it's loveliness, but the opportunity to reflect on the many wonderful blessings we enjoy makes for a wonderful day. I love to eat breakfast while watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. It's a tradition I acquired from my mother who also loves the parade. My favorite part is when Santa makes his appearance. It always marks the beginning of the Christmas celebrations for me. I see Santa and I can't resist getting out the Christmas tree, putting on some Christmas music and scheming the gifts I'll be making this year!
Sam was so excited about the tree and was very helpful as I set it up. His enthusiasm is unending! He really likes to turn all the lights off in the house, except the tree lights, and gander at the tree all lit up.
There may have been some confusion about "stockings".
And although Russell did this most of the day...
(Being sick is tough when you're 18 months old)
We really enjoyed ourselves.
Now that the kids are in bed and my kitchen is finally clean again:), I just want to stop, take a moment and make sure I write down those big blessings that make my life so beautiful.
-Does my husband know how amazing he is? I don't tell him enough. Ryan, I love you so much.
-Do my kids know how much I love them? I hope so. You fill my days with all things perfect and troubling all at the same time. My greatest struggle is trying to be the mother you deserve. I love you.
-I have an amazing extended family who is all things supportive and loving. What would I do without you?
-My understanding of life and the vision of a plan for my family through the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I am so grateful to have it in my life.
-Great health is a blessing I'll never take for granted. To feel good is wonderful. For my family to be happy and healthy is a blessing indeed.
-
Where do these blessings come from? A loving Heavenly Father, to whom I am deeply indebted. I hope to live worthy of these tremendous blessings.
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you...
4 comments:
Your food does look amazingly delicious! Wish I could have joined you. Thanks for your thoughtful post about the things you are grateful for...you are someone I look up to and admire. Love you and hope you are feeling a bit better these days!
I sure wish I had dined on your turkey this year! Tell Ryan he better plan on a full table next year!
Yummy, yummy! Why didn't you share?!!
Amazing cooks like always. I am glad everyone is feeling better and can't wait to see you next week.
Post a Comment