This can't be December...

Sunday, December 13, 2009

I just started thinking about how December is halfway over and I can hardly believe it. I blame the beautiful weather. It's tricked me into thinking it can't really be December. I mean last Tuesday it was 72 degrees! We went out walking with no jackets or sweaters... it felt really weird. Especially when my sister called to tell me she'd just been snowboarding in negative temperatures. Yikes, baby it is not cold outside here. People here keep trying to convince me it's cold outside but sweater weather is not cold. Come on people. I think when we travel to see family over the holidays I am going to freeze!

Over the past few weeks we have spent a lot of time at home together. Not because the weather is bad, but because the boys have had colds. We had about a week where they were both feeling well with no runny nose. It was like I didn't know my own happy children. It was wonderful. When they are happy, I am extra happy I think.

The boys have been playing together more and more as Russell gets older. I really love watching them explore and play together. Sam seems to enjoy teaching Russell everything he knows, good or bad:)

I couldn't resisit a few photo opportunitites of them playing together.
In the car the other day I turned around to see this...
Sam said Russell was scared of my driving, so he was holding his hand so he wouldn't be scared.

Helping with the dishesn a.k.a. playing in the soapy water...
(pants optional, I guess)

Playing in the cupboards...

One would get in and the other would close the door for him. Sam said they were playing house. I think Russell thought they were playing peek-a-boo.

Helping me bake goodies...

We've got to taste test things, right?

Some sweet Russell moments...

The boys favorite past time...wrestling with Dad.


As the days fly by we are preparing for our trip to see everyone and we are very excited! This may well be our last big trip "Home" for the holidays. Maybe next year we'll live a bit closer,(within reasonable driving distance) and we'll get to see everyone a bit more. We look forward to it.

4 comments:

Ariel December 13, 2009 at 10:32 PM  

72 degrees! I am so jealous. And how about that pic of Sam and Russ holding hands in fright? HILARIOUSLY CUTE.
BTW. The text pic you sent was inside, by your tree. I was thinking of the one sent in Nov. of russ blowing bubbles.
Have I told you that your are the best? Well you are!

Johnson Fam December 14, 2009 at 2:09 PM  

I wish I was enjoying your weather though I can't say it is too cold here as it's been raining instead of snowing. Love the pics of the boys especially the hand holding one. Speaking of which...do you have a mini van now?

CrumpyLady December 17, 2009 at 7:42 PM  

Love my nephews...they are my favorite! Can't wait to see you! Love you.

Kristin January 27, 2010 at 2:27 PM  

Oh my gosh. I miss you soo much! Nobody comes over to borrow my craft stuff anymore. lol. your boys are getting so big. How are you liking Georgia?

Post a Comment

There are...

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP