Another 2 weeks in January
Sunday, January 24, 2010
Right now I have two silly boys poking me in the back and laughing their heads off! Why it's so funny, I don't know. But it is really hard to focus!
There, now at least one is in bed. He's talking and yelling and giggling but now I can focus a bit more. I don't have a lot of news to write about. The past couple of weeks have been quite regular and uneventful. To be honest, I have really been enjoying it! It is relaxing to not be running around busy. The kids have been healthy and so my nights have been quiet, and my days are not totally full of whining. Plus, other than a brief 3-4 days of some back trouble I've been feeling well also. Such a nice blessing at this time of year.
Although I will admit daily how difficult it is to have little children I can't help but feel a little anxious about these kids growing up. I love the stages they are in. Sam is such a fast learner and he is really enjoying his joy school. He likes to play with me and do fun things like cook and do art projects. It seems to help him want to eat dinner if he helps me make it. It makes it less of a battle to get food in his mouth. We make cookies(not hard for me to get him to eat), and our favorite cookie to make is our chocolate, chocolate chip recipe. We made rolls this week and he made some rolls that looked like spiders, fish and rockets. I didn't take a photo of the rolls like I should have but here are a few pictures I took of my two helpers.:
Yes, that is flour on his face. His roll was molded a few times with his forehead.
Cleaning up.
Russell is as cute as he is crazy. He is into everything, over and over and over. I think I cleaned up the same bit of cereal 4 times the other morning. He is sneaky and I know if he's quiet I better go find out why! As you can see in the photos above he climbs everything, and starting a few days ago I realized it wasn't Sam opening doors for him, but that he had figured it out himself! Heaven help me! After the wet puppy(stuffed animal) incident the other night I know I need to go get some more door locks ASAP!
Russell is quite the cuddle bug and I try to enjoy every minute I get. My favorite thing he does right now has to do with his current food obsession-clementines! I have to keep them hidden in a high place or he'll get into them. We buy them by the bag full and he would eat them all in one setting if I let him. I was not aware that he's got some pretty awesome peeling skills until I came upon him sitting in the middle of an array of peelings enjoying a clementine without prior permission:) Now, I can give him a whole clementine and he works his own way in...
4 comments:
Wow, they are looking so much older! Miss having you as neighbors.
Your boys are HI-LA-RI-OUS!!! I love that Sam made his rolls into such creative things and rolled it with his forehead! Too funny! and Russell's climbing cracks me up. I love his tenacity. It really shows up in his orange peeling. :) Are you going to elaborate about the wet dog incident? Sounds like a funny story...
Glad you are feeling good right now. babies do change things, but you are definitely up to it, superwoman. good luck at your sonogram!
Russell has good taste. I love clementines too. Miss you.
They are so cute Jessica! I love hearing about their adventures. I am so glad you are feeling well, and that everyone is healthy. So funny about Russell and the clementines - what a fantastic thing for him to be trying to get:) I love your honest, sincere posts - I understand the anxiety with a new baby - such a wonderful, but also VERY challenging adjustment. Good thing you are amazing - eh!:)
Post a Comment