Bandon
Saturday, December 11, 2010
Now that life has settled back down a bit we've picked back up our habit of exploring on the weekends.
High up on our list of places to explore-- Bandon, OR
Bandon is only 30 minutes south down highway 101. Old Towne Bandon was a cute little area that must be crawling with tourists during the on season. It's really quaint, has a fairly new vibe for a coastal town and of course, it was supremely beautiful.
We visited the docks, the Coquille River Lighthouse and some local beaches and viewpoints.
At the docks:
Need any live crap?
Views from the jetty:
The lighthouse was small and closed, whether for the season or disrepair, I couldn't tell, but I was particularly fond of the colors adorning it: Teal(oxidized copper), red & cream.
The beaches south of Bandon were incredible. Cathedral rock, the sea stacks & table top rock were beautiful, especially with the churning ocean and grey skies:
Oh, and Santa was there too:
4 comments:
I think Oregon might be one of the prettiest states ever. Wish you were here with me! Love you.
Be-A-utiful! I MUST cross that one off my list of "things I wanna do in Oregon."
You are convincing me more and more that Oregon is the ultimate destination. I LOVE these pictures Jessica! They are beautiful. You have such a good eye for these things. Amazing!
Oh my goodness - can't believe you live near these "postcard" pictures. What a beautiful, beautiful place!
Post a Comment