MIA

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Well...Howdy.

Have you been wondering where we've been?

For the past 4 weeks we haven't meant to be off on a hiatus. In fact, we haven't taken a break at all. We just lost our swell little computer for a while. That's all.

Though losing a computer and internet access is never a good time I have to say that it was a relatively 'good time' to have it happen. Besides, it's always nice to be disconnected for a while and refocus a bit on other things. But, it's pretty much impossible to go without internet access and a computer for very long. It's how I stay connected with so many people and I've missed that.

The new year has been particularly beautiful around here and we have been enjoying spectacular weather.

We've had a few visitors recently, and it was so wonderful to have them.
(good luck in the search Jerry, & camber. We kind of, sort of, can't WAIT to be 'neighbors'. Let us know if we can do anything and we are anticipating another exploration visit:)

My sister Christa came to visit last week and we busied ourselves with food, kids, the occasional beach trip and more food:) Oh, and did I mention kids?

I'm might be crazy but I think my sister may have decided a few things while she was here visiting:

#1: She doesn't want a boat load of children. My 3 may have been a bit of a handful at times, though she would NEVER say anything and I think it was a bit wild for her tastes....hee hee... sorry Christa-belle.

#2 She may think it NEVER rains here. Because she brought the sun with her when she came and it never left. The weather was fantastic!

#3 Going to the beach is fun, even when you spend the entire time chasing a child who is determined to run straight into the ocean.

Whatever she's actually decided or not I just have to say---Love you. Thanks for coming to visit me.

Christa and Sophie on the beach



That Sophie just loved the water! A little too much actually...

She was not very happy when we had to leave. Even though she was shivering and Mom was DONE keeping her out of the water:)

Christa with Evie sitting on the beach.


Ahh, I love this beach.(that's Christa and Sophie near the water, of course.) We had the place to ourselves:)


7 comments:

The Lyon Den January 30, 2011 at 5:36 PM  

Jess,
I had a great time! I wouldn't trade it for the world. It may be true about only wanting 2 children. But that had already been decided way before I came to visit. And I do know it rains there. I was just glad that the sun decided to stay the whole time I was there. When I flew back into Salt Lake on Friday I wanted to cry. (I did later that night because I missed you and I felt really crappy) We had a great time and can't wait to visit again. Soph misses Russell:(

Johnson Fam January 30, 2011 at 8:07 PM  

Glad to see you back up and running. :) Evelyn is so stinking cute and I love the little pony on top; I may have to try that with Emily as I'm sure she's got enough hair to do something with.

Michelle January 30, 2011 at 10:14 PM  

Glad you had fun with your Sis and glad you have a computer again - woo hoo! Amazing pictures, as always!

Marie January 30, 2011 at 11:26 PM  

So glad you're back! Your sister looks even more like you now with her dark hair. How fun to have a visitor. That beach looks absolutely gorgeous!! I could probably use one of those breaks from the internet. But I honestly don't think I would survive! :) Sad but true.

The Maughans January 31, 2011 at 2:26 PM  

We had a little get together with some friends this weekend, and found a mutual acquaintance - Mark and Lindsey Swenson? They are so fun! When they said they knew you though, it made me want to drive down to Coos to see you!

CrumpyLady February 2, 2011 at 1:07 AM  

It's nice that you say you both had fun, but since I wasn't there I know that can't POSSIBLY be true! :) Wish I had been there too! Love you! And, I'm glad you're back too...

Jeff and Lea February 9, 2011 at 7:59 PM  

I never realized your sister's hair was so similar to my sister's. Same red color too! It was nice to meet her and her cutie little girl too.

Post a Comment

There are...

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP