When the weather is perfect...
Monday, January 3, 2011
...you spend the day exploring.
Today was one of the most picturesque days I've experienced at the coast---and it's January. The sun was out, the skies were clear blue and the wind was nowhere to be seen. It was perfect, as in---without any flaws, defects, or shortcomings
Today we discovered Port Orford, the oldest town on the Oregon Coast and the most westerly in the 48 states. The Port and beaches were pure Oregon beauty at its best. We spent the day exploring the beaches, acquiring shells and polished rocks for our collections and soaking in the sun and beauty of the day. My memory of the coast today will be stored in the vault labeled magnificent and I'll draw it out for remembering on a gloomy day when I need a pick-me-up. Because really---Days like today make weeks of rain worth every little rain drop.
(Battle Rock)
e
r
6 comments:
Ahhh. What can you say after that? Wish you could have called and we could have come over...maybe some day soon!
BEAUTIFUL
You were right, it is beautiful. Maybe we can go there next time I come up!
It really is beautiful there. Glad you were able to enjoy the day
Wow, that is just gorgeous!!
those pictures are beautiful! also, your advice about making it on time to church was great! I am definitely going to try it out.
Post a Comment