Second Christmas
Sunday, January 2, 2011
That's what it felt like when my parents arrived the day after Christmas.
We've been truly spoiled with their visit. I really can't express how grateful I am that they came, or how sad I am that they left this morning. But I did manage to remember to take a few pictures of our adventures while they were here and it will make me feel better to go back over the highlights of their visit.
Second Christmas indeed. Double the gifts we opened Christmas morning. Everyone sent their gifts for us with them. Now that's priority shipping!
A little bit of crabbing off the docks in Bandon:
You can't let the weather interfere with your fun.
Here they are sporting the new rain gear:
The boys refuse to wear anything but their boots when we leave the house. Even when it's dry and sunny and 50 degrees outside. Half of this last week was rainy and gray but the other half was sunny, warm and beautiful.
We went to Shore Acres and saw the beautiful Christmas light display. It was pretty incredible, plus immensely thought out and clever in arrangement and display. I was super impressed and am certain it will be a new Christmas tradition to go and see them every year:
Other things we did that are not pictured--
We saw some sights in Bandon.
The boys went out to the jetty.
Played card games(Dino-Mite)
Watched movies
Ate delicious food
Fixed stuff(when Dad visits he fixes things,-- windshield wipers, loose door knobs, heaters etc.)
Organize(When Mom visits my closets miraculously get organized, my kitchen is never dirty and the laundry never piles up)
Rang in the New Year!
House hunting and a LOT of it.
We had so much fun. I love having my parents all to myself(sorry siblings)
They will be home soon. Love you guys. Call soon, so we can plan the next trip:) Miss you already--drive safe.
3 comments:
Such great pictures! Parents are the best :) And your kids are adorable.
Those lights are AMAZING! Ah, I love when Moms are around - Heaven . . . leaves you wondering how you ever do it alone, and polygamy suddenly sounds quite appealing:) What is a jetty? I think I need to come and visit and get a boating/seaside living vocab lesson.
Can I come see the lights next year? I think that should be OUR new family tradition. Miss you!
Post a Comment