Russell turns 3!
Monday, May 23, 2011
Birthday's are so exciting when you turn 3.
As I tucked Russell in bed the night before his birthday I asked him if he was excited that his birthday was coming. He said "Yes Mom. I eat cake for my birthday!"
Yes, we did eat cake for his birthday. In fact the whole day I let Russell do just about everything he wanted to. Pancakes for breakfast, chocolate milk whenever he wanted, movies, games, spaghetti dinner(Which is what is all over his face in the pictures) and CAKE!
We made a similar cake for Sam and his birthday. I am just realizing I never wrote about it or shared the pictures here on the blog but I learned a thing or two and I think Russell's cake turned out better than my first!(My secret: use pound cake) I made it the night before and kept it in the fridge. Throughout the day Russell would get excited, grab my hand and pull me to the refrigerator. Then he would open it gasping "LOOK! my cake!" He did that at least 15 times throughout the day(to me and others). Plus he kept sneaking the candy off of the train cars:)
Presents. He is very loved and received many presents from cousins and grandparents.
We gave Russell a train table and train set. He and Sam love it.
My sweet Russell is such a loveable boy. He is very determined and extremely stubborn. He lives for praise and can make small talk like no little boy I've ever met. He's into CD's and DVD cases & players. He likes to(unfortunately) start his own movie whenever he likes. He loves to play with the Wii console and his fascination with computers is hazardous(to the computer) He's always getting into something. Always.
He likes to sneak outside(past my child locks) and explore, especially the places we ask him not to go into. He takes pleasure in helping his little sister sneak into rooms she's not allowed in, like the bathroom, and he always drools in his sleep. He prefers my lap over any other seat and he won't go down the tall slides at the park. His favorite food is chocolate milk(yes, I know it's not food) and though he is average in height his weight is barely in the 5th percentile.
He is a tenderhearted, strong willed, funny little monkey and I couldn't love anything more.
Happy birthday Russell. You have our love.
5 comments:
What, thee? Three? Are you serious? How? Happy Third birthday Russell, even though I am convinced your mom is lying to me. I'm pretty sure you're only one.
Happy Birthday Russell! Also, you are AMAZING Jessica...that cake is absolutely incredible! I wish I could do something like that. Also, Jack's favorite "food" is chocolate milk as well. Silly boys.
I am so excited that for the rest of my foreseeable life I have a "Cake Coach." Just so you know...I will be over for coaching quarterly;)
Amazing.
Just wanted to say thanks for your sweet comment on my blog--totally made my day. :-)
Awww! Russell! I want to small talk with him some time - that is so funny! Your cake looks professional - and let's just say that I am in no way surprised! It is amazing! Happy 3rd Russell!
Post a Comment