When ordinary days turn extraordinary...
Friday, June 24, 2011
It's hard not to get lost in my routine of life. Sleep, feed children, cloth children, clean house, feed children, clean messes, entertain children, feed children, clean children, clean house, sleep...
But lately, it's been different. Somehow my ordinary life has been more extraordinary than expected. Life's sparkles have been catching me off guard. So much so that sometimes I'm blinded by it's beauty-
A good book that makes me laugh out loud(My Life in France, a Julia Child's Memoir)
Design software that lets me dream again.
A visit from my wonderful parents.
A minor argument over dinner:
Sam: I can't eat my dinner mom. I don't like it.
Me: Sorry Sam, That's what is for dinner. If you don't want to eat, you don't have to.
Sam: What kind of sauce is on it?
Me: Hoisin Sauce.
Sam: I can't eat poison sauce! IT will make me sick!
Me: No, Sam, Hoisin sauce not Poison sauce!
A delicious cake, from a box!(what a scandal) I made the cupcakes from the recipe on the back. Amazing! Though, Ryan did make the most decadent frosting that looked so pretty on top. That may have had something to do with their incredible-ness.
Sam's announcement as we were getting ready for bed:
"Mom, guess what? This is so great, I don't have to go to bed."
Me: Why not Sam?
"Mom, I'm nocturnal!"
Russell told me he loved me. Just out of the blue.
A new whole wheat bread recipe that puts the rest I've tried to shame! I learned how to make it last month and I haven't bought bread since.
My blue hydrangeas are blooming. In fact everything is blooming, and I didn't do a thing.
I love coastal living.
Evie choose today as the day she would stand up and walk. Just like that.
Somehow, life just gets better, even when sometimes it feels like it's always the same.
5 comments:
Amazing when seemingly ordinary things turn out to be a little magical. So glad life's routine has also been a joy. Love this post!
THANK YOU! Honestly these words could not have come at a better time. Life is very routine and mundane at times, but definitely joyful. Thank you Jessica!
How hilarious! Sam is trying his hardest to stump you isn't he?! So excited to get there...planning on the 15th...hopefully it stays that way:)
"I'm nocturnal" - that's my favorite! Glad you're loving coastal life :)
I can't believe how big your kids are getting. They are so beautiful.
Post a Comment