Sometimes...

Friday, June 22, 2012

You're so tired you just can't keep your eyes open...
We've been busy lately.
Mostly having fun.
Most evening's Evie is plumb tuckered out from going, going, going all day!

You may not have noticed(in the video) but she IS wearing a cast on her left arm. PINK. She choose the color herself.
I don't really have an exciting story to tell for how it happened. She just tried to get herself out of her crib, and fell. I didn't even know she had woken up from her nap until I heard the fall. She hardly cried  but I knew something was wrong after I went up to check on the noise. She just lay there, sort of whimpering...so sad. It broke my heart. I looked her over and sure enough I noticed her left arm didn't look 'quite' right. After confirming with Ryan that it was indeed not 'quite' right, I rushed off to the pediatricians office and we were in getting x-ray's before you know it.




 She handled the whole thing better than I did. I managed not to cry at all but teared up when the doctor had to put some pressure on her arm for the splint they put her in.
 Because it had happened so recently(within the hour) they put her in a splint and told us to come back in a week so they could put her in a cast.
 She doesn't let it slow her down.

I never would have thought that my first broken bone incident would be my baby girl:) And she wasn't even jumping on the trampoline! HA!

3 comments:

Unknown June 22, 2012 at 7:51 AM  

poor girl! I've never had a broken bone, but the thought of one of my babies having one just makes me squeamish and shivery. Sounds like YOU handled it really well, mom. Way to keep your cool.

and she sports the pink like a fashionista! :)

Michelle June 24, 2012 at 5:27 PM  

Oooh! She looks so cute in her little pink cast - but I'm so sorry for her, and you!

Ashley and Trent July 8, 2012 at 11:11 PM  

So sad, for Mom and Evelyn! But she does look awfully cute, and so big!

Post a Comment

There are...

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP