Our trip to the desert...
Tuesday, July 17, 2012
When we get the inclination, we like to pile the gang into the van and make a trek out to Utah.
The definition of desert according to Samuel is as stated--
"The Desert is a place where rain hides and the sun never sleeps...and where my cousin Audrey stays."
"Why is Utah far, far away?" --Russell
The drive there always reminds me how much I dislike driving for 16 hours. Though, one might ask oneself, what would I enjoy for 16 hours?
but, we do always manage to catch up on some much needed rest. Which is nice before the storm of traveling with children.
This trip was truly the beginning of our summer vacation. There was so much fun to have that we had trouble scheduling it all in.
Here are the highlights:
Bowling
This adventure had great potential and I think most everyone had a good time.
Evelyn, on the other hand was done after 1 or 2 bowls. (the picture above was right before her first bowl) I spent the whole
time holding her and 'making' her participate(I'm such a nice mother:)
Funnily enough, her ornery attitude didn't seem to affect her game
Swimming
The boys talked about this one for days.(before&after) We swam at a local rec center that had an amazing children's play area. We're talking lazy river, jungle jim area, 2 really cool slides and more. The one negative part was the 30 minutes we had to wait outside of the pool while the really strong chemicals were dispersing themselves around the poop infested area.
It's really too bad someone pooped in the pool.
Ha Ha.
It wasn't my kids.
No really, it wasn't.
Movie Time
I've got my popcorn, candy and big fountain drink. This is so great MOM!
The movie was cute. I enjoyed it even though I had to leave 3 times in the middle of it. Not really sure why we couldn't get together on those potty breaks, but I'm telling ya it never hits at the same time.
Playing around
Sometimes our unstructured play ended up being the most fun of all. There's nothing better than playing with cousins and enjoying the thrills of summer.
Popsicles:
Bounce house at Christa-belle's
Watching movies:
Bubbles:
Catching Chickens:
Learning chickens don't like watermelon
Astronaut training
and Indoor camp-out's every night
We've since returned home. Sad as we were to leave those we love, we welcomed cool ocean breezes and being home with open arms.
Our travels home are a blog post in and of itself.
Note:
Tired, or exhausted children = very annoying noises. I won't even try
to describe what happens if you add hungry to that equation. That's a
live and learn lesson people.
I'd like to advise anyone I know to avoid
learning it.
Suggestion:
vacation alone.
Just kidding.
5 comments:
lol. Vacation alone. that's great. Sometimes I really do wish... I guess that is what husband and wife get-aways are for, eh? Someday when my kids are old enough to stay with G-parents for a week...
was the bowling blacklight bowling, or is that a photo editing effect?
Don't you know...it's a trip with kids, and a vacation without! We sure loved having you, and we miss you terribly!
Looks like a stinking fun trip! I love how in photos kids are deceivingly innocent and well behaved...at least mine are;) Hats off to you for making the trek!
I loved that post! I love all the details - bathroom breaks during the movie, everybody's bowling scores, you are so much fun to read. I am glad you had a good trip!
What a afun summer! Although I think anything with the Bailey family is bound to be fun :) The kids are definately growning up fast. I hope the fall has been good to you, and that you post some cute Halloween pictures! Take care!
Post a Comment