We've been in Georgia for 2 months now and things are feeling settled in.
Ryan is enjoying his residency. It seems like they are keeping him busy with procedures that are both interesting and exciting. We already feel like this move and residency was a very good decision for us and we are grateful for the opportunity. Time is flying by quickly and I'm sure we'll be packing before we know it.
While Ryan is away at work, the kids and I try to fill our days with excitement. So between naps and meals and all those other daily necessities we work at fitting in a little bit of fun.
Anyone who knows me, knows my idea of fun includes: a fresh set of paints, my favorite brush and a clean white piece of paper. (Watercolors, 1" flat , Arches 300 lb, if you're interested)
I figure it's best to start them early:




That brush was bound to only last so long.


The kids really seem to enjoy painting and coloring. I think it may be the mess associated with it but I can hope otherwise:)
-Feeding the ducks is another one of our favorite things to do. We live really close to a few very large ponds and there are resident ducks living by them. Grandma and Grandpa Bailey should get the credit of finding them. They introduced us when we got back from our sailing trip. I have to say though, that I'm sure it's our regular visits that have created that special bond between us and the ducks. Now, when they see our stroller, they come running, and they start to fight over the best spots...
I wish I had a good photo of the new little ducklings. There has to be at least 15-20 of them. It is the sweetest thing watching them come running together all in a long tiny row. They crowd into a little bunch sitting on top of each other watching the older ducks eat our treats. We've started naming the ducks, well, I have started naming the ducks and I've named a few of the regulars. Snape, the big black creepy one, professor Quirrell, the skittish loopy one, Ron, who has really red feathers. I think you see the theme here. We've come to really like our ducks!
On a different note:
-Ever Wonder why Sam is so thin? Are you interested in what we like to call the "Sam Diet"?
Check it out...
So there you have it, just dance while you eat. You'll shed those extra pounds before you know it!
-So, keeping with the food theme, Russell has been eating strangely too. We can't decide whether he thinks the food is going to dissolve or disappear before he can get it to his mouth or if it's something else entirely.
5 comments:
I'm definitely trying the dancing diet. I think I've been doing too much of the Russell diet. Just can't get enough.
I think you could make some money at the whole dance while you eat thing. Think about it. You could take various pictures of the food and dance moves provided by Sam and have it published. You could call it...Sweat While You Eat, Eat and Dance it off, or Tango The Food Away. I think it could work!!
I love them!
I'm not quite sure if it's the fact that they're painting, but your boys look more like you in those pictures than they ever have to me before! I've always seen Ryan when I look at them - but these pictures just scream Jessica! I love it! And I laughed so hard watching Russell eat - that kid is so dang cute!!
your kids are so dang cute! they remind me of you and ryan!!! who would have thought right?! I think cute little russell looks like his cute little mama...and cute little sammy looks like cute little ryan! ha! ha! we love you guys!
Those are awesome videos. I can't believe those ducks are like your best friends and how close that one stood next to you. I would love that. I wish we had some ducks here and Sam is as busy as Kayson because Kayson is a skinny little guy too. I need Russell to teach him out to eat and make it disappear like he did. Amazing. Glad to see you are enjoying your time. Your kids are adorable. You can just ship Russell down here for a week to teach Kayson how to eat. Miss you guys.
Post a Comment