A visit to fish
Wednesday, September 21, 2011
Ryan's brother and his wife came to visit us in August. We had a whirlwind of a week. Ryan and Matt were busy fishermen and Amanda and I did our best to keep the kiddos happy.
Among the many things we did, these are the highlights:
Tuna fishing: The guys went out on a tuna charter and brought home A LOT of tuna. They then proceeded to can it all...a very messy affair. But man the tuna is good. No more store bought tuna for us.
Lots of crabbing: We now have 9 crabbing pots(never can have too many:)...yummy! Good thing we love crab.
Playing at the park: A fun past time when the kids needed to get out of the house
Salmon fishing: The boys did this whenever they could. Unfortunately, the fish would have none of it. No success.
Going to the beach: I managed to take some pictures on our beach adventures. Kids and sand are such a crazy mix.
Running free...
No thanks baby girl, I don't like to eat sand...
Bea is a fearless child. She has proven this to me many times but this time in particular was hilarious. She faced the ocean head on and was determined to go in...over and over and over...unfortunately her unpredictable sense of balance plus the waves were not such a great combination. This series of pictures makes me smile every time I look at them...
Mom's help was never far away...
Clamming: During the lowest tide during their visit they made a fairly successful attempt at harvesting clams. About 30 minutes into it Miss Bea decided to take off her boots and run bare foot. The beach was littered with clam shells and she sliced one of her feet pretty badly. She is such a tough little girl, she hardly cried at all.
Here is a picture of everyone buckled up and ready to go...
We had such a fun time during their visit. We hope they did too.
We hope its worth the drive:)
By the way guys, is pinchy still alive?
1 comments:
I'm pretty sure that Pinchy may be the new Bailey mascot. It is still alive and furious in my garage. LOL. I love that little girl... even though she still manages to give me heart attacks every day and is my fearless wonder. Oh, and Linus and his "smile" *eyeroll* I hope I can cure him of that. LOL Awesome pics Jessica. The drive is always worth it!
Post a Comment