Alum Creek & Such

Sunday, August 10, 2008

We got to do some fun things this week. We went to our friends house Friday night to watch the opening ceremony for the Olympics! I thought they were really wonderful. It amazed me to see so many people working together so fluidly. How do you direct something of that caliber? Pretty impressive! Michelle, our host, made some delicious lettuce wraps and pot stickers for our themed evening. So fabulous!

Saturday we went to Alum Creek. It's a state park here in central Ohio with a small reservoir. It has a little beach where you can play in the water, so we laid out some blankets and relaxed on the beach. Well, Sam doesn't really relax much, so he was either in the water or chasing the seagulls. Ryan said that while they were out swimming, one of the sail boats went sailing by and Sam was so excited! He started yelling-"Wanna go boat! Go boat! On boat!" Ryan is convinced the same sailing bug that has attacked him has struck Sam. The lure of the sea...

Chasing seagulls! He was pretty frustrated you couldn't catch them.







Sam likes to help me around the house. We'll clean, do laundry and cook together. He's not particularly helpful sometimes, he has a tendency to throw the clothes everywhere, after I have folded them, or dump things out on the floor instead of putting them away but he sure likes trying to be helpful. When we cook together he wears my apron and it's pretty cute...





Here are a few pictures I couldn't resist taking this week...


Sam runs around with a pillow on his head! He does this a lot and giggles like crazy. It's not so funny to him when he runs into the wall or something, which is inevitable cause he can't see where he's going!

Sam really likes to wear my shoes. He puts socks on that go up to his thighs and walks around in them. Here he is wearing my running shoes...notice one is backwards. It's pretty hard to walk in them like that, I wish I'd gotten a video.

Here's Russell wearing a shirt my mom and sister sent me. It makes me laugh! Those of you with wee babes may find it pretty accurate!


2 comments:

The Lyon Den August 13, 2008 at 9:54 PM  

Jess,
Little Russell is so cute. I can't wait for your visit in september so I can met my sweet nephew.

The Lyon Den August 15, 2008 at 9:01 PM  

Hey, I really can spell. I mean, meet not met.

Post a Comment

There are...

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP