The crazy things this kid eats, says and does!

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Oh, the eating habits of a two and half year old! Today I was trying to remember the last time Sam actually put a green vegetable in his mouth, and ate it. He would eat his vegetables really well when he was around 18 months to 2 years old. Then, something happened, I don't know what, but now it's like pulling teeth (which can sometimes be easy, come to find out. But for use in this phrase, think hard to pull teeth) to get him to even try a vegetable. Occasionally I'll slip one past him when it's mixed with something he loves but even now, while I think about it, I can't think of the last time that even worked!

So, oddly enough Sam is willing to try all sorts of food, as long as it's odd. I have a short list of things he'll eat that is pretty weird for a 2 year old to eat or like...
Feta Cheese (he'll just eat this by the crumble)
Balsamic Vinegar
Mustard, already can not have a hot dog without it. Really, not without it.
Limes/Lemons. He has actually taken chunks out of them while biting. It's not good for the teeth but who could resist seeing this reaction. I can't believe I actually caught it on camera. The funny thing is, despite his reaction, he'll just keep eating it-weird!

SOUR!

This kid can eat an entire Cheesy Bean and Rice Burrito from Taco Bell. Ryan and I love the Fire sauce and every time, Sam has to try it. I am pretty sure he doesn't like it because I always get the same reaction, he'll squirm and say "Its hot, thirsty, hot, hot, hot oh thirsty!" but despite telling him over and over that it is indeed very hot and he won't like it he insists until we put a little dab on his plate for him to try. So, I really think he may just enjoy it somehow.

He'll pick tomatoes off the vine and eat them like they are apples. (Even green ones)

He refuses to eat any kid of potato. Fried or otherwise, it's a no go. Every time I try I think, Seriously? who doesn't like potatoes? -----SAM

This child won't even eat a treat most of the time, until recently he wasn't even interested in candy...I know you're thinking, is that possible? Halloween fixed that for him. Candy is on his do eat list now...yea.

I think Sam would just eat condiments if I would let him. Ranch, ketchup, mustard, sour cream, butter, etc. So we have a DIP Policy at our house. You must dip something into your condiments to eat them, fingers don't count, and you can't just suck it off that something and reuse, that my dear, is a violation and is technically considered a utensil.

I bet you're now wondering what he will eat that's relatively normal. His favorites are:

Grilled cheese, tortilla and cheese, mac 'n cheese (notice a reoccurring item) He will eat sliced meats(from the deli) breads, crackers, eggs, yogurt and more but no vegetables. I'll keep offering, maybe someday he'll eat them again. Until then, Sam, here's another Gummy vitamin.

-WHY NOT PUT IT BACK...-

So, the other day. Sam was helping me make cookies. He loves to put the flour and ingredients into the bowl of the mixer for me. Things were mixing and I looked over at Sam and caught him picking his nose...great, where do they learn this? Anywho, he found something, looked at it and then proceeded to put it into his mouth. STOP, I told him! We do not do this because we don't eat boggars, it's yucky. -Well, he just sat there with his mouth open, looking at me for a few seconds. He was pondering what to do next. Then he reached back into his mouth, found the boggar, took it out. He stared at it briefly before he decided to put it back. Nope, not in his mouth, his nose. Yep, he just stuck it right back in his nose. Hey, I guess that's where it goes, right?

Note: no Boggars made it into the cookies, accidentally or otherwise. Promise! I thought you might have been worried about that)

-GOOD NIGHT TV-

Every night for a week. This is how our good nights went:

"Good night Daddy." hug, kiss

"Good night Russell." hug, kiss

"Good night Mommy." hug, kiss

"Good night TV." hug, kiss

Yes, Sam was hugging and kissing the TV good night. Hee hee. They are good friends I guess. Maybe it's the cartoons.

5 comments:

Reba November 17, 2008 at 1:14 PM  

what a character. Ellie won't eat potatoes of any kind either. I always laughed when I heard the statistic that toddlers' favorite vegetables were french fries. Not my toddler!

Mandy B November 17, 2008 at 10:04 PM  

i guess you have never seen the inside of our refridgerator. It is so full of matthew's condiments that we can barely get food in. (it was like that when we met. and i can't get rid of them.) and now he's found costco and i have 2 gallons of ranch and caeser dressing in my fridge...

Sam's a Bailey for sure ;)

The Lyon Den November 17, 2008 at 11:24 PM  

Pretty sure that I have the most craziest nephew in the world. I so wish that I could witness some of these silly things that he does. I guess that is what I have to look forward to. I can't wait to have kids!!!!! I miss the boys..

The Lyon Den November 17, 2008 at 11:29 PM  

And I guess that I miss you and Ryan to!

Clan Andreasen December 23, 2008 at 5:22 PM  

Glad no boogers made it into the cookies!!! That is too cute that Sam knew where the boogers belong!

Post a Comment

There are...

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP