New Milestones
Friday, November 14, 2008
SITTING UP ASSISTED
chillin' out in the Bumbo-
Russell now has great control over his head and neck. He's been holding his head up well ever since he was born but now there's no more bobbin' head. Way to progress Russell!
He loves the new perspective from sitting up without help from us.
I started feeding Russell solid foods a few weeks ago. He had seemed fairly interested in us eating and I felt it was time to begin the process of transitioning from a total milk diet to some regular solid food. Rice cereal is always a good place to start so that's where we are at. Here is one of his first feedings. He sort of tries to suck the milk off of the spoon because that's what he knows. (sucking)
It has been a few weeks now and he is not really enthusiastic about eating. I have to be sure he is really hungry or he'll just sit there and stare at me. It's so weird! I mean, how come my kids don't really like to eat? I love it, Ryan loves it, why are they so disinterested? I haven't started any vegetables yet but he may show more interest if it's not just rice cereal with his milk. A little flavor may go a long ways in this situation. We'll see.
REACHING, GRABBING, MOVING OBJECTS FROM ONE HAND TO ANOTHER.
Now that he can see more things while sitting up he's interested in checking them out. He sees it, reaches for it, grabs it and brings it in for a good tasting. He is pretty proud of this new ability.
ROLLING OVER
Russell will roll from his stomach to his back now. He does not like being on his tummy. He even gets his knees under him and pushes around. I guess he'll be crawling soon. I am so not ready for this! But it is so fun too!
My sweet baby is growing so fast!
1 comments:
He is so cute! I love it! Before you know it both boys will be beating up on each other. Oh so much fun. Such cute pictures.
Post a Comment