A 3 year old's independence

Monday, July 20, 2009

"I can do it!" said Sam, the other day while I was trying to get him dressed.
"Alright, go ahead." I answered.
Somehow this time didn't seem like a great time to force him to let me help.
I left the room, giving him ample opportunity to "do it himself."
When he came downstairs a little while later I was shocked to find everything right side out. Upon closer inspection though I realized every bit of clothing was on backwards, right down to his ninnies!
"Sam, everything is on backwards, sweetie." I told him.
"Yes." He replied.
We had errands to run and I was trying to shuffle everyone out the door while I asked him if he wanted to turn everything around.
"No." He said quite calmly.
"Alright Sam, I don't care really if your clothes are backwards. Let's go." and out the door we went.

After locking the door to the house I turned around to find Sam walking backwards to the car.
"What are you doing Sam?" I asked.
"I'm backwards Mom." He said.
Oh, I thought to myself, why didn't I think of that.

2 comments:

Unknown July 24, 2009 at 12:20 PM  

that's hilarious!!!! He knew EXACTLY what he was up to when he put it all on backwards!

heather July 24, 2009 at 1:27 PM  

What a riot. I can't wait to L to do cute things like that ... I love their thinking!

Post a Comment

There are...

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP