A dental conference and some fireworks...
Sunday, July 12, 2009
Ryan started working on the 29Th of May. Orientation lasted a few days and then of course it was time to travel somewhere fun for a dental conference. Ryan's residency will be including several trips to attend dental conferences. Great news for Ryan, but sad news for me because I don't get to go and won't have a husband when he travels. Such is life though, right? Well how excited was I when I learned that I didn't have to sit this dental conference out?! (So excited.) No, I didn't actually attend the conference but I did actually get to stay at the fabulous resort and play all day in the sun!
Ryan got home from work his 4Th day and we packed the kids into the van and headed out on another little adventure. Our destination, The King and Prince beach resort on St Simons Island, just off the coast of Georgia. We stayed in a resort view room and I felt the accommodations were fairly luxurious. We had so much fun I could hug the person who made it possible for families to go. The best part was that the conference only lasted until noon every day. So then we spent the rest of the time playing in the ocean waves or splashing in the pools. It was a luxury we never would have been able to afford otherwise and we were very grateful for the opportunity.
The resort had 3 pools; 1 indoor, and 2 outdoor. One of the outdoor pools had waterfalls and a shallow area for kids. The ocean was just down a few steps from the pools. Sam is our beach maniac. He definitely prefers the crashing waves and messy sand to the static of the pools. Russell on the other hand was very wary of the inconsistent waves and odd texture of the sand, the pool was certainly more his style.
We spent most days traipsing back and forth from beach to pool.
A few of the other residents families came along too and we got to really get to know each other. What fun friends we made. One day a few of us ventured out to see the island's lighthouse.
The hike up to the view was kid friendly, only about 129 steps(I think). Down was a little bit more tricky than going up but Sam did great. Ryan did too.(He was carrying Russell:)
The Davis's cute family
The lighthouse & Ryan from the pier you see in the photo of the view from the top of the lighthouse.
Sam really had the most fun when we were hanging out with these girls. Whenever we would get separated from them, whether at night when we went to our own room, or during a 2 minute interval when he couldn't see them around the corner he would ask me, "Hey Mom, where's my girls?"
8 comments:
wow, what an awesome conference location!Glad you all got to go,not just Ryan. Love Sam with "his girls". How cute is that!
You look very gorgeous and summery, btw.
Your arms are ripped girl! Haha...really, though, you look so great - I can't believe you have had 2 kids :) Hope all is well!
"hey mom, where's my girls?"? How stinking cute!!! I love the pic of you in your hat holding russell with that cute look on his face. Sounds like a great time!!! I am so glad to hear you and the kids got to join in the "fun" of conference.
How fun for you. Again,I am living vicariously through you.You guys get to do all the fun stuff. "Where's my girls at." I love it.
Wow, how fun. I am so glad you guys got to go. It looks amazing. I sure do miss you here.
I love that family pic with the sun behind you guys - fabulous!! Looks like you guys are very busy playing these days!! Jealous! :)
Great pictures! I love your hat!
Jessica-Camille Craw here. Your boys are so big! i don't think I even saw your little guy before we moved and now he is surely more than a year old! It looks like things are going well for you! What an interesting place to be! Send me your e-mail and I can send you an invite to my blog. camillecraw@gmail.com
Post a Comment