Lucky us...
Thursday, July 9, 2009
When Ryan and I returned from our sailing adventure we got to spend another day or so with Ryan's parents and sister before they left town. I always enjoy the time we are able to spend together. I am so lucky to have such wonderful inlaws. They make me laugh and feel so appreciated. Thanks again for helping us escape off to the Keys for a few days. It was so kind of you to watch the boys while we went adventuring.
Two days after the Bailey's left town, the Gray's came to see us. My parents were able to come for 10 days and we enjoyed every minute of their visit. We played at the park, visited Atlanta, saw a few Augusta sights and went shopping! Lets not forget all the yummy food involved and the fresh fruit stands we raided. I don't get to spend very much time with my parents bein's how I live so far from them. So it was a real treat to have them all to myself. Sorry siblings, it had to be done. I took a few photos of our adventures.
Playing with Grandpa at the park.
Chilin' with grandma.
Exploring a park in Augusta.
A new superman cape! Sam puts it on and asks me very seriously, "Where should I fly to mom?" Special thanks to Julene O'Dell, my mother's friend who made the cape for him. She passed away recently and our thoughts and hearts go out to their family.
Hugging the pandas!
Riding the carousel.
And the train.
Feeding the birds.
Little lion Sam.
Big gorillas.
My mother and I spent some time shopping together and we found some great finds!
Only in the south would you find such beautiful hats for sale at JC Penny's! I love it here! Thanks for coming to visit us everyone! We love you. So long, and thanks for all the fun!
7 comments:
Oh, I like the hats. I think that you should get a nice soft pink one with a huge flower and pretty lace on it. It would look fabulous on you. I miss you. Love you.
I heard your phone message yesterday and loved it! Thanks so much for calling - I'll definitely return the favor soon. :) In the mean time, so glad you got individual time with your parents - I love times like that when I get them all to myself. :) Selfish, but I love it.
those hats would have been perfect at the RS garden party! I hope you bought one, just for show. :)
you and your mom look so much like each other! You're both so cute in the hats.
Well...I sure wish I had been there! I would like a RED hat. Who would have guessed? Love you!
Cool hats. I see you are assimilating to the South very well. Miss you.
Georgia looks cool.
I love your post about the sailing adventure! After my own sailing experience I decided that it's a good thing you guys decided to go by yourselves instead of with us...i get so stinking seasick! So I'm so glad you could come for a couple hours...it made us miss you guys more. it was just a teaser having you over for one night! love you guys tons!
Post a Comment