Early conclusion...

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

I have found that counting my blessings and finding something to be grateful for every day is working. It helps me keep perspective and it feels good to look for the good instead of the bad.

I have also found, that it makes things look a little too cheery and perfect here in my journal when I don't write so much about the bad things. I used to scoff at online bloggers and their surreal lives, lived over the blog sphere. Sure, it sounds perfect but let be honest, nothing is.

I think I have come to conclude that it's the happy moments, shared smiles, unreal situations and everyday gratitude that you want to keep record of anyway. I may remember the crying and yelling and messes and disappointments here and there but truly, most of the time, life is perfect. Perfect for me and there's nothing wrong in dwelling happily ever after in it.

I do every day.

Tomorrow is another day, who knows what may come, but today, well, I'm grateful for today.

5 comments:

Reba July 21, 2010 at 12:22 AM  

i'll miss your daily updates. I sure like thinking (knowing?) your life is perfect. :)

Hey, It's me...Jessica July 21, 2010 at 1:40 AM  

No, my gratitude journal continues...I just can tell it's making a huge difference in my daily life:)

Mandy B July 21, 2010 at 1:35 PM  

Jessica, I love you. I am grateful that you are my sister-in-law. (am I supposed to add and extra -in-law to that?:D) In reality, most of us have a pretty perfect life, we just don't realize it. Don't realize "it could be worse..." and that it isn't. Not even close.

Marie July 21, 2010 at 5:01 PM  

GREAT post. I love reading what you are thankful for. It helps remind me to look for the good, too.

Oh! I met your sister! She introduced herself to me at church. Very nice girl...you look alike! :)

Michelle August 11, 2010 at 11:26 PM  

Umm - how am I POSSIBLY SO FAR BEHIND ON YOUR BLOG! I am sorry Jessica - I just haven't been checking with the move - how are you doing this all with 3 kids, just having moved? Is it the gratitude journal, because I've got to do this:)

Post a Comment

There are...

Let's Sail Away

Let's Sail Away
Catalina Island New Year's 2008/2009

Florida Keys June 2009

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP