It's not uncommon...
Thursday, August 5, 2010
for Russell to follow me around, grabbing at my legs. He holds tight to my clothing and says "Hold you?" over and over again until I stop what I'm doing and pay attention to him.
Today, after pulling his little fingers off of me 5 or 6 times to continue, whatever I was doing, I finally stopped and sat down on the floor in front of him. "What would you like me to do?" I asked him.
He then put his little hands on my cheeks and said, "Mom, I hold you."
I nodded my head and he smiled as he sat down in my lap.
We sat there silent together, for about 15 seconds. Then he looked up at me and smiled his sly smile before jumping up and running off to play.
I am so grateful he still wants me to hold him.
Lesson learned- I will be stopping more often.
3 comments:
oh, I love sweet moments.
How sweet! I too love it when Brynlee will ask me to hold her. They are moments that I'm sure won't last long so I take advantage of them when she wants them. How you liking Oregon? Call me when you have a minute and we'll chat!
Sophie does the same thing, she just can't say "hold you" yet.
Post a Comment