Eagle Ears
Wednesday, September 1, 2010
Growing up my mother was known for her "eagle ears". She could hear everything. You might be downstairs 3-4 flights in the basement having a sleep-over and she would know exactly when you fell asleep during the night. She would say the next morning, "You were up giggling till 3 in the morning!" And she would be right.
I have inherited her super powers.
I can hear the softest sounds and I am really good at deciphering where a sound is coming from or what is making the noise. It's one of those Mom powers that I think many women possess.
I am really grateful for the ability to hear. Right now I am listening to Sam and Russell giggle in their room before they go to sleep. The little stinkers have been sharing a room for a little over a month and the novelty has still NOT worn off. They play, and giggle and who knows what else, instead of sleep. It is both frustrating and sweet because I really want them to sleep and they have been so tired lately but they sure love sharing a room. The happy noises make me smile and I love it.
2 comments:
Remember when we shared a room until you left for college. I loved it and hated it at the same time.
You talked in your sleep.....about buses and such. I love that they are having so much fun sharing a room.
I miss those days! I miss you!
Eagle Ears are an awesome super hero power. I'm glad that I have them too...
Post a Comment