Oh today
Tuesday, September 21, 2010
Today was a very, very long day. Nobody seemed to be happy. I had a moment where I considered hiding in the bathtub behind 2 closed doors. But I would have been able to hear the whining still, so I didn't linger on the thought for too long.
It's days like today that shake my gratitude snow globe up a bit, creating a blurry white storm where its hard to see the blessings that abound.
For me, it's always when I'm feeling bad for myself that I really lose focus. Is it possible to be fully aware of how truly blessed you are and still feel self pity? Maybe. I mean, that does sound horrid doesn't it? How very contradicting, and yet that's how I felt for a while today. I must have been wavering between the two feelings so often that I began to think I was feeling them both at once, though now that I think about it I'm quite certain it's not possible to mix the two.
I am grateful today for something Samuel said to me.
He asked "Mom, would you do something so nice for me right now? It would make me so happy and I would be nice to everyone and you if you did it. Plus, I would give you lots of hugs and a kiss. It would make me so happy K?"
I thought to myself -Gee, I must be pretty ornery today if he feels like he has to preface his requests like that. Attitude adjustment needed.
Interested in what he wanted...
Juice, in a cup.
Oh how I love this kid. (even on hard days:)
1 comments:
It is possible to feel both ways at once, because that's how I've been feeling too. Take for instance, the fact that I was grateful to have $$ to pay the bills, but then I was depressed and feeling sorry for myself because there really was nothing left over...hmmmm. Pretty contradictory. That's just me lately I guess.
Post a Comment