Hot in May
Sunday, May 30, 2010
Well, it seems the heat wave has finally hit Augusta, GA. I sure love the spring, fall and winter seasons down here in the south but summer is pretty much YUCKY! The humidity sticks to you like glue and the heat is pretty oppressive. This week it got up to 96 degrees, and this is only the beginning. I am not so secretly celebrating that we move at the end of next month! I'm not sure I would survive another long Georgia summer. There is nothing like them:)
Despite the hot weather we made it out to the park a few times. We went in the morning before the day realized how hot it wanted to get.
Here's Evelyn generally happy about her lot in life, despite the heat and having to sit in her car seat. She was about to fall asleep. (Love those toes!)

This week really was great. Everyone is happy and healthy and we are gradually getting to see a lot more of Ryan in the evenings. We can't wait until his work load is a bit more predictable and his weekends are always 3 days long. I get giddy just thinking about it.
During our doctor's visit this week Russell and Evelyn were, weighed, measured and declared healthy! Evelyn now weighs 10lbs 11 oz and is growing fabulously. Russell on the other hand has only gained 2 pounds since before Christmas. He's tall, but thin. No surprise really, but it seems lately he's been pretty picky about his food. Sometimes it's all I can do to get him to eat his favorite things. I am thinking it may have to do with him finally getting all 4 of his canine teeth at once over the past few weeks. Those red gums look pretty sore. Russell also has some Eczema behind his knees and at his elbows. It has been bothering him a lot more and he has a little rash on his arms and legs that looks like teeny tiny bug bites. It's a common symptom of eczema and the doctor suggested we take him to an allergist to see if any foods are contributing to his flare up. We will be going soon and it should be an interesting visit. I look forward to finding out if I can help him more.
Miss Evelyn continues to treat me well. She slept for 8 hours in a row the other night and I think it may become a regular occurrence soon. I just want to love on her all day long. She is such a sweetheart.
2 comments:
Man I miss you!!! I can't wait for you to come through town so I can love on that little Evelyn baby too:) Cute pics! I'm glad everyone is healthy! Talk to you soon:)
Ugh, don't miss those muggy Southern summers. You can make it!
sorry bout the eczema. Hopefully you find something out that will be helpful. and hopefully it isn't one of the favorite foods contributing! Love the girly grins!
Post a Comment