The Gratitude Project comes to a close...
Sunday, November 28, 2010
The time has come. I finally have some time to sit down at the computer again. It has only been 12 days but it feels like it has been a little over "forever" (as Sam would say) I am a little disappointed my gratitude journal went undone just before I reached my goal of Thanksgiving but honestly, it doesn't matter. I almost tried to back track and then decided not to.
When I set the goal to write down one thing I'm grateful for everyday, I knew it was going to be difficult. Not necessarily difficult to find something to be grateful for, because even at my worst moments, there's always something, even if it's just life itself. But difficult in the sense of actually taking the time to sit and record something EVERY day. I admit I've backtracked a few times, making up a few days after the fact, due to travel or not having access to the Internet but for the most part I've taken a moment every night to go over my day and choose one thing I am most grateful for that day. I've even made an extra effort to never write the same thing twice, even when I've really wanted to.
The process has made me feel overwhelmed and full of gratitude for simple blessings in my life. It's also pushed me towards pondering more about all the things that make those blessings possible.
All of the things I am grateful for are linked to my testimony of God and his plan for me.
Everything.
I guess I always knew this but until now, I didn't KNOW this and knowing is everything. Everything I hold most dear and am grateful for every day, God has given it to me and not only that, he's made it possible for me to keep them . I know of no greater blessing, or greater love.
So, for now, I end my gratitude journal with a full heart and a happy wave goodbye. As I look back to my original post about gratitude and the fluctuating phases I seem to go through I've learned that by focusing on my blessings, I am better able to keep my focus on life's most important parts. The rest, though sometimes important, is just the rest.
Also, now more than ever, I am certain that --Gratitude is an attitude you should share.
2 comments:
Thanks for sharing your gratitude with us -- it's been a constant reminder to be thankful for what I have. And it feels like I've been able to stay caught up with what's going on in your life and how you're doing.
Jess,
If only I could sit down at the computer each time and write like you. You always seem to write it so perfect. I sometimes wish that I could copy your posts and put them on mine. You have a way with words my dear. Thank you for sharing your gratitude with everyone. I tried but was never that good, not as good as you! I am grateful for you and for your attitude of gratitude:)
Post a Comment