Dear Dryer,
Tuesday, June 15, 2010
I really wasn't sure what to think today as I was folding some laundry I had just removed from your innards. All of the clothes had small little black marks all over them. Upon closer inspection I felt sure I recognized those marks as ball point pen. Oh, I wasn't sure if I was really mad or just going crazy because I am religious about checking for pens in pockets. Especially since my last episode with a pen in the dryer.(It ruined about 5 sets of Ryan's scrubs, not to mention the mess in the dryer!) So, I was truly puzzled as I started to look everywhere for what I knew could only have been a pen.
I checked through the clothes, on the floor, in the dryer, and the washer. NOTHING, anywhere. I was stumped. After another thorough search I decided it had been a fluke and that I should continue with another load. Much to my dismay, as I unloaded the second load I was noticing the SAME markings, everywhere. Ugggh! I was so frustrated because this time I had actually ruined a few of the boys shirts and I was so mad I had done it. AGAIN. Well, due to some screaming in the background I had to drop my search for the infamous pen and go take care of everyone. An hour or so later, while the kids were eating dinner I was talking to my mother on the phone and I mentioned my mysterious laundry problem. While checking all of the places she suggested I began desperately running my hand along all of the surfaces inside the dryer drum. Though I couldn't see it, I felt my hand run over a small bump on the back surface of the drum. There, poking 1/4 of an inch into the dryer was THE pen. The rest of it was hidden completely from sight behind the drum through the vent holes. REALLY. What I want to know is, How in the world did it make it into the washer, let alone the dryer? AND how did it get wedged into a small hole barely large enough to hold it(I had to pry it out with pliers) and then, how did it get stuck with the writing end poking INTO the dryer? That must have taken some serious planning on your part.
Although I am still a little bit bummed about you ruining a few of our things I have to hand it to you, that was some trick. I am still shocked I even found the pen but I am very Grateful you weren't broken during the whole incident. I really enjoy having your help around here but I'm starting to doubt my laundering abilities. Could you please try not to do that ever again?
Thanks for listening,
Me
P.S. I'll be sure to remind Ryan to remove all pens from the secret places he hides them:)
2 comments:
Oh my gosh that is crazy! I accidentally left my cell phone in my pocket a few weeks ago and it went through a whole wash cycle. And that is SO not like me! I was so mad. I hope you and your dryer can be friends again soon :)
Maybe that was a super awesome little kid adventure that went awry? I know Linus manages to get things stuck in places I had no idea could even happen and breaks EVERYTHING he touches. *shrug* Apparently it's an art and he is proudly carrying on the Bailey name. :)
Post a Comment