Painting pastimes
Wednesday, June 9, 2010
Today we sat down together and painted some pictures. I love getting out the art supplies and getting the creative juices flowing. It's hard work keeping that paint from getting everywhere but the paper but it's usually worth the effort because I know the boys love it.
I like the progression of these photos:
Russell picks the color and opens the paint bottle.
I've put it on his plate and he's going to start painting...except, wait, this stuff looks like it may taste good.
Yes, he has to try everything! Yummy.
Sam is starting to really understand some color theory and we had fun mixing the primary colors into secondary colors. He then of course mixed them all together and got brown.
Evelyn was there of course, but she did this:
It is impossible to keep all of the paintings that are created, so I pick my favorites and put them up in a collage on the wall. I started doing this a few months ago when Sam was in school and usually came home with a couple paintings every week. I just keep adding to it, but eventually I will have to choose 1 or 2 of my favorites to keep. For now, I love having their art work displayed and I am grateful for the punch of color it gives the apartment. It brightens my spirits when I look at it.
2 comments:
i'm a sucker for my kids artwork, too. love the new header
I have 2 favorites from my quick and distant observation:
the one on pink paper that looks like a lady with a trout mouth about to eat a bug. and the one directly above it with the blue and green and black paint. It just speaks to me.
Post a Comment